NA SOHC F23A1 Build - DYNO'd!!!

NASOHC

Reaction score
Re: NA SOHC F23A1 Build

It's been a while... i know.

My goal is to have this motor in this summer so I'll update sometime again soon.

michaelp4283

Reaction score

sometime this summer eh. me too. this is really dragging out for both of us.

NASOHC

Reaction score

I hope you mean this winter?

GUESS WHAT!!!!!

I got stuck in a mild flood in Long Beach yesterday and Hydrolocked :hide:

So, engine won't crank over now - flooded with H20! It was late and I had it towed to Buena Park to a buddy's shop to see if it can be fixed - otherwise, it may look like the new motor will HAVE TO BE installed earlier than expected. More updates later today. I'm working 9-9pm right now and have no time to waste.

:squintwave:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score

just dont try and start it till you take it apart and clean it up.

I dont know how people hydrolock and permam fAWK there cars

I have "flooded" a few trucks, my old mazda 323, 4 wheelers up to the grips tons and nothing permanet has happend this has all been fron river crossings up north in yakutat and a salmon stream in my 323 water was up to the widsheild LOL beach RALLYYY

NASOHC

Reaction score

Well, no bueno - engine's gone! :beer: It was fun while it lasted.

Looks like the new motor is getting installed afterall! Now I have to wait and see if my insurance company is covering the estimate they'll be getting from my shop. :thumbsup:

I'm just curious as to the approval due to aftermarket CAI - it's CARB approved and legal for sale in the US so I don't think it should matter. Sure, if it was a stock intake it may not have hydrolocked but heck - I'm paying for full coverage on this car and it's considered a "non-fault" accident. Wish me luck, more again later and full details on build!

I MISS IT ALREADY!

nyknick1015

Reaction score

dude u worked hard on building that new motor, i was really hoping that u wont sell it... im glad you are are actually using it

cantafordaccord

Reaction score

Well, no bueno - engine's gone! :beer: It was fun while it lasted.

Looks like the new motor is getting installed afterall! Now I have to wait and see if my insurance company is covering the estimate they'll be getting from my shop. :thumbsup:

I'm just curious as to the approval due to aftermarket CAI - it's CARB approved and legal for sale in the US so I don't think it should matter. Sure, if it was a stock intake it may not have hydrolocked but heck - I'm paying for full coverage on this car and it's considered a "non-fault" accident. Wish me luck, more again later and full details on build!

I MISS IT ALREADY!

what ems are you using?

Back