BlkCurrant's '05 Impreza RS

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't want to pay the extra for higher octane gas, insurance, turbo vehicle maintenance, wanting more power out of it, etc. Plus every person that sees the hood scoop on other ones wants to race them.

Just wanted a nice daily I could have a little fun with here and there. I test drove a TON of RS's, WRX's, and Outback Sports. The WRX just wasn't what I thought it would be, the Outback Sports sat too high, the RS was my happy medium. If I could've found an RS with the sport package I would've hopped on that instantly, or a wagon.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Oh I see. When I was looking for a car, I really wanted 1999-2000 RS 2.5. I liked how they look and pretty powerful too for its size. Couldn't find a good one with low miles. Every single one was like trashed.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are hard to come by and when you do, people jack the price up. It's like civics and tegs now. They want $7k for a $2k car with $10k of mods on it, most of which isn't usually done correctly.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Sending the Enkei's out through work to be straightened and stripped down to bare metal. Thinking about having them powdercoated like a neon green color to match color of the dash backlighting (stock), my fender braces, and exhaust hangers. Not sure how it'll clash with the WRX calipers being red though.

Any thoughts/ideas guys? I'm not doing white, gray, or black finish on them. I want something that stands out a little bit.

Green(your neon choice), Purple, Blue, Red(then no contrast with the calipers if that is what you were going for), Yellow.

Changing the caliper colour is not an option? If you did the green, I dont think it would looks so bad if the rims were the same colour. Might as well work with your current contrast colour.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Calipers are already red, already bought new caliper paint for them. Which I might actually do tomorrow after I take my buddy to pick up his Miata from a shop. Definately no yellow, purple or blue are good options though...hrrm...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i think you should do the calipers black, they'd look good with the lettering polished out after they've been recolored. plus, black blends a lot better with neon green, haha.​

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Much needed update -

Wheels have been blasted/straightened, calipers painted, Koni yellows arrived, new rotors ('06 wrx) for the larger calipers. My brother has some left over 3in diameter 309 stainless tubing from the exhaust he made for his integra so we're going to use that to fab up an intake (like the TAS Hybrid) for it this weekend.

What's left -

Paint/powdercoat wheels

SS Lines

Whiteline ComC front upper mounts/GroupN rear mounts

37659d04.jpg

Emphasis

Reaction score
Nice vehicle. Looking forward to an updated pic of the whole car.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fabbed up an intake with my brother last weekend out of 309 stainless. Catch can coming soon too.

Back