PuzzleMaster94's J32 6MT 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k)

cg4ever

Reaction score
Havent updated in a while. Car actually still runs, but has developed an idle bounce. Bounces between 500-3000 and continues like this for a while. Still trying to work on figuring that out.

Did you tried to clean your iavc which is located behing the intake manifold ?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Mine does this now and then, except it's more like 500-800. Just comes and goes randomly. Happens so rarely I haven't bothered to look into it.

Who is fixing your rust?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Did you tried to clean your iavc which is located behing the intake manifold ?

Done that quite a few times and havent had any luck. Also swapped IACVs from my J30 and other J32s and no dice. I don't think its the IACV, I think its vacuum related or somehow in the wiring.

Mine does this now and then, except it's more like 500-800. Just comes and goes randomly. Happens so rarely I haven't bothered to look into it.

Who is fixing your rust?

I'm fixing the rust. It's nothing major at all, just the rear bumper bar, little bit in the wheel wells and just minor stuff. Car really does not have too much rust on it, I'm just taking care of it now while I can and its easy to access.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Done that quite a few times and havent had any luck. Also swapped IACVs from my J30 and other J32s and no dice. I don't think its the IACV, I think its vacuum related or somehow in the wiring.

You checked your egr valve as well ? Another culprit could be the map manifold air pressure sensor

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Had that issue for a few days, several yrs ago. Mine was from the air intake box leaking air due to the cracked lid. Man, I really hope your issue is simple like this..

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
You checked your egr valve as well ? Another culprit could be the map manifold air pressure sensor

EGR valve has been deleted without a block-off plate and MAP sensor is not the issue, because between the J30 and J32 sensors I have laying around, the car still does the same thing.

Had that issue for a few days, several yrs ago. Mine was from the air intake box leaking air due to the cracked lid. Man, I really hope your issue is simple like this..

It's not this easy sadly. BTW, thanks for finding me on IG. Car still looks good as ever.

Regarding the car now, I'm re-doing the entire exhaust system. My old J-pipe was cracked and split, the car now has an OE replacement. The 225k OEM Cat has been removed and a high-flow fitted up. The rest from the cat-back is going back to OEM hanging placement and the mufflers are being spaced down and evened out to fit the OEM Rear Lip.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Well I guess I'll do some more updating.

First off, car still runs. Just want to put this out there first, it is not broken lol.

The exhaust has been replaced, still on factory headers for now, but OEM cat is now gone for a test pipe. Sounds much better to me now.

Wiring is essentially all re-done to fit the AEM V2, and looks much cleaner. Trying to find a good way to mount the ECU where the old one was.

Rust has been found, cut out, and re-painted and undercoated over. Didn't have much, but went ahead and did it while I had the space and room for it.

Car now has a full Type X (black) CLS conversion for the interior, whenever I decide to do it, from my parts car. Also black RSX seats as well. If anyone needs some parts, I might have some left over from the parts car.

Progress 28mm sway bar at the back and a Euro-R rear strut brace up top.

4 piston RL calipers to go up front as well.

Going to wrap it soon as well.

Probably other things I'm forgetting.

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Back