Suggestions and comments on a couple things

Status
Not open for further replies.

theskytraveler

Reaction score
Hey guys what up. I'm in the process of turning my daily driver into a respectable Honda Accord.

I've got a 98 Accord 4 Cyl the only mods I've done so far is the (gasp!!) tail lights which are carbon fiber altezzas, and Blue lights on all the interior doors.

I'm in the process of getting 18" rims and tires and double projector headlights for the car.

My question is this: I've got 2 other mods I want to purchase in the next 2 1/2 months.

First CAI there are plenty of choices for this but I've narrowed it down to these:

AEM V2s, AEM Short Ram, or Injen. BTW which is better or will truely fit on the 98 a short Ram or the longer one??

Second: Catback System: Now I have an I4 accord. The Catback Systems that seem to be popular are: Greddy Evo II, HKS, Apexi N1s, and Invidias

Which one or ones will have the throaty deep sound. I don't want the rice burner sounds coming out my accord.

Thanx for any suggestions

Oh and yes on the list will be a DC header for next year!!

peace,
Dennis

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
For your CAI, take a normal AEM, not necessary to pick a V2 for the price difference.. But take a Cold Air Intake, not a short ram.

Exhaust: If you want a nice sound, not like all those riced out civics, take the Apex'I WS.

theaccordian

Reaction score
If you want another option than apexi ws. Which is basically all people here use.
Hayame exhaust ive heard is cheaper and gains are better, sounds louder over

stock. But thats what youd expect from an aftermarket exhaust. If you want nice sound go with apexi WS if you want performance go with Hayame. Just

remember you have to choose between the two if you dont want your exhaust to be loud most likely it wont give as much gains, If you want better

gains youre gonna have to sacrifice on sound. Thats why all those swapped
egs have such annoying high pitched exhaust notes. Again same thing going

for the intake, if you want sound and not have to worry bout hydrolock go with shortram, if you want gains go with the cold air, but it wont be as loud,

if you want both. My v2 screams sounds like I have an exhaust.

video clip of my v2
http://media.putfile.com/MOV0159021
note this is just with an intake

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
the reason why the V2 or short-rams are louder than CAI is simple: the sound is amplificated under the hood...that's why it's louder... The short-ram produces more sound on lower rpm but CAI will scream more at higher rpm.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Magnaflow - not loud till you get on it, even then it's not over powering. Nice low rumble. I prefer my short ram, even though it's not made anymore.

theskytraveler

Reaction score
Is there not much of a difference between a regular AEM CAI vs the AEM V2?

Cuz that would help my budget as far as prices are concerned. But either way If one's better than another performance wise I'll take it.

I've seen alot about the Apexi's does anyone know about Invidias and I was concidering Magnaflows but I think I've only seen Magnaflows for a V6 accord not a I4 but I'm sure there is one made from them for my 4 banger!

peace

okasu

Reaction score
I have an apexi ws2 and its wonderful man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back