high idle and limp mode

6thgenwarrior

Reaction score
I have just done a re ring on my F23a1 new piston rings and bearings. now when I crank the car it immediately idles at 2000 rpm and will not drop. however when the rpms hit 3000 the engine cuts out as if it hits the rev limiter which I'm told is the engine in limp mode. I'm throwing 2 code one is barometric pressure sensor and the other in something about top dead center. the timing is right and the oil pressure is all good going in to the vtec selinoid so any ideas will help!!! thanks

6thgenwarrior

Reaction score
okay i cleaned the IACV and it brought the idle down to normal until i start driving then as soon as i start rolling in neutral or clutch pushed in the idle picks back up but when i come to a complete stop it returns to normal. and for the limp mode I've been told the ignition module in the distributor is bad so i have a new complete distributor on the way is there any chance at all that could be causing my idle issues as well?

6thgenwarrior

Reaction score
Distributor did not help at all i'm still throwing a P1361 code so my next move is replacing the TDC sensor along with the crank sensor

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is possible or not because i've never messed with the crank and TDC sensors but is it possible you plugged the wires into the wrong sensors?

Back