Exhaust layout/ measurements

Thormx331

Reaction score
After calling the muffler shop and getting a simple dual cat back exhaust quoted I decided i want to do it myself. I did it on my truck but didnt have to worry about it hanging down so low and had almost unlimited room. Not the same case with a car.

I didnt know if anyone did this them selfs on here? But i would like some reassurance before i go out buying. Also i only want to deal with a cat back. No money for headers yet. v6 coupe.

Is this accurate below?
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...V6)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=EXHAUST+PIPE+(V6)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you asking if anyone has built their own custom catback? Or if they've installed it themselves?

Thormx331

Reaction score
if i provided two mufflers and a res they said close to 400. Thought that was a bit high for just piping and welding. The shop i called was just a normal muffler shop near me so you could probably get one better priced

Thormx331

Reaction score
and im asking if anyone did it themselves. A bolt on is pretty straight forward.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
im having a similar issue. i cant seem to find a single side setup for the v6 sedans anywhere so im gonna have to get mine custom made.

truWarier02

Reaction score
if i provided two mufflers and a res they said close to 400. Thought that was a bit high for just piping and welding. The shop i called was just a normal muffler shop near me so you could probably get one better priced

$400 for custom piping? Definitely get quotes from other shops because I'm sure you could find places that charge half that, give or take a couple twenties.

001Stunna

Reaction score
$400 for custom piping? Definitely get quotes from other shops because I'm sure you could find places that charge half that, give or take a couple twenties.

+1, when i asked around locally in my city, if i provided muffler and all they had to do was midpipe was $200, if they had to provide resonator as well it was $280. (prices including labor + parts).

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
For my straight through 3" catless from downpipe back including a Magnaflow 3" muffler, a shop charged me $275 flat. I'd say go look for a better deal.. I brought them the mandrel bends though, they provided the straight piping, flanges, muffler, and labor.

Back