oem motor mounts or duralast(autozone)

HondAccord02

Reaction score
So I stopped by autozone today to pick up some feeler gauges and spark plug socket to do my valve adjustment, but when looking in the hood i noticed my front motor mount is cracked. I will be checking the other mounts in the morning, but my question is should I just go oem or save some cash and get the duralast mounts? Any feedback from people who have already replaced theirs would be appreciated.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
A company called Anchor is who makes all the better o.e. style motor mounts for the after market. The Zone, Orielly's, Napa, all rebox them wirh their part number and name on the box. I do not know who makes them for their Duralast line, but I can say 1st hand working in the field that I have never had some one come to me 100% satisfied with a Duralast product. I would ask who makes them for them. I would even call a couple of stores to makes sure they aren't just b.s.'n you either. If its anyone other than Anchor, I would not recommend it at all. Good luck!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I've been satisifed with Duralast when it comes to brake components, but I'd only buy OEM mounts or OE mounts from Beck Arnley.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Really too important of a part to not stick with OEM at the very least or high performance aftermarket if necessary.

001Stunna

Reaction score
If the cheaper option is a direct fit, and you're considering to maybe beef up the mounts versus the OEM then you can OPT for the cheaper option and fill them in with polyuretherane such as 3M Window Weld. It'll add strength and reduce flex but also possibly increase the shudder from the engine you feel inside the cabin a tad. Only one I think i'd go OEM is the rear as it's a pain to do when/if it fails.

Last edited:

HondAccord02

Reaction score
well so far what i can tell only the front mount is cracked and i can go pick up at autozone today or have to wait to have one shipped oem plus shipping.... which would cost me 30 bucks more so im kinda leaning toward duralast even though i would prefer oem
* well checking amazon i will probably go with beck arnley since i will get free shipping lol

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There are a few DIY options for filling in the OEM mounts, you wouldn't consider that?

HondAccord02

Reaction score
Well im open to any suggestions I havent searched extensively but i did search enough to find a video on how to replace it(in chinese i think lol) but would i use that 3m window weld like 001 stunna suggested or are there more ways to do it.

Dont beat me up with the search and you will find it, because unless im blind i didnt see anything about motor mount replacement on the diy master list

Back