Hello 6th Gen Accord World! Greetings from Way Out East .::.

Reaction score
Truth be told: I chose my nick in a horological (no Pirates of the Caribbean pun intended) haste to sign up here at 6thgenaccord.com, alongside the resonating significance to the numero 6 led to the ultimate arrival of the triple repetition.

Just so a tinge of clarity is in place, I do not worship the devil/satan/hornsy-goat-looking/beast - my numeric representation on the forums has no bearing on my religious affiliations or lineages.

Not a stranger to the world of Honda VTEC engines, it was exactly 20 years ago that I first 5-speed-shifted my once beloved 1996 Honda Prelude SR-V 2.2 litres in the middle of Canada, Edmonton (to be specific). To see + hear + feel the RPM vtec-boosting from 5500 rpm onwards has left an unforgettable x insatiable feeling to my driving experiences till date.

From VTECs, I have moved on to a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, followed by a 1994 Mazda RX7 FD3S Twin Turbo, a 2009 Volkswagen GTI MKV, a 2006 BMW 320i and am now behind the wheel with a 2001 Honda Accord VTI 2.3L Sedan.

I love my coupes, still love them but there is just something about a 4 door sedan that completes me. (and/or you for that matter I reckon?)

Nonetheless, allow me to introduce my current machina - a stealth-matte black 2001 Accord - in its slightly modded glory (yet to experience a low stance...soon to follow) here on Bali island in way out far east Indonesia (renowned for the Pacific Ring of Fire, active/dormant volcanoes, and incessant earthquakes)

I have enjoyed many articles here on the forums, and would like to thank everyone for their energy of goodness that has rippled effects of motivation, appreciation and socialization so widespread here - digitally.

Dilema: Approach of 200,000 kms / Engine failure seems imminent / To rebuild or port a used engine / To turbocharge or stick with VTEC purity - That's my question...

Till next time...safe drives + journeys to you all!

2001-accord-666-001.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Welcome! I've always wondered if 6thgen being a '6th' gen, was a curse, but after many years of 6thgen worship, I found out that it's really a blessing :)

I don't convey any significance to 6-cubed in a negative light, and I also like the number 13 as well as black cats crossing my road, some of my luckiest days ;).

Reaction score
Nice ride. But a mere 200km is nothing for a well cared for Honda motor. What warrants a rebuild?

That's so true Nam1911a1! :) I have read that members here have clocked well over 400k kms and still on going.

My last oil change (engine oil, transmission fluids) was just accomplished 3 weeks back and I have been baby'ing my CG6 since taken ownership.

Crossing fingers that this ride will last me for at least another 100k kms.

I am thinking along the same line as "What warrants a rebuild?" - my performance on the CG6 ain't that mind-blowing...on a full tank of petrol, she is doing about 200kms...is that the norm?

Reaction score
200k is nothing. got 300+ here haha .

welcome

Right back at ya dawg316! :) Appreciate the time taken to respond to my welcome post - don't I feel at home already?

300+ is indefinitely a milestone in my books...I am seriously hoping I can reach the 500k mark without a single touch to my engine bay...but that is highly unlikely...

Lovely ride you got there, by the way. ;)

Reaction score
Welcome! I've always wondered if 6thgen being a '6th' gen, was a curse, but after many years of 6thgen worship, I found out that it's really a blessing :)

I don't convey any significance to 6-cubed in a negative light, and I also like the number 13 as well as black cats crossing my road, some of my luckiest days ;).

Love your wordplay Russianred! ;) Indeed, like many others who have given much thought to their selection of nicknames on forums of all sorts - at that moment at which initiated my sign-up process, I figured that 666 would be so much easier to keyboard.

It is indeed a blessing to be part of the CG6 family, and I embrace this "worship" wholeheartedly...

It's Summertime for most of you on the forums...unlike the 365-summers we have here...it's really heating up from where I am at...and the last Earthquake tremor I have experienced was about 80 odd days back...

Really hoping this island will stay afloat in the meantime..lol :)

Wishing you all an enjoyable Summer ahead...

I do miss the changing colours + climate on the Western Hemisphere...

2001-accord-666-002.jpg

Connie

Reaction score
I get between 500 and 600 per tank too, and I'm running a V6 with ridiculous mileage on it.

Awesome to have member on here from Bali Island; keep the pics coming! What a cool-looking place!

If you don't mind me asking, wtf are you doing there???

Car looks decent; another rust-free climate making me jealous. Something is up with your mileage though, I don't care how hot it is there; that's bad!!!

I'll have 476k km on my 2002 by this weekend; 500k km is gonna be no problem. I even have a spare transmission ready to go if it decides to bite the dust anytime soon. Making it to 600k km would be no problem either, except for the fact that rust is eating mine at what seems like an accelerating rate.

Back