Sketch o5's 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT

kn0x47

Reaction score
its so purty. so I'm set on buying one next. There's so many mods available for it and i might be buying a couple soon haha. still haven't driven one yet but i will once i find one at a local dealer.

still liking it? hows the short shifter?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
shit yeah i'm still liking it :lawl: i feel terrible for it though because i haven't washed it in like a month...i've been so busy working and when i've had free time it seems to always be raining :boo: i've been meaning to get some new photos with the wheels on too, but as i mentioned, i'm having time and cleaning issues :lawl:

the short shifter was the first thing i did, and it's worth it for sure and i definitely recommend the kartboy one, it's nice. people have complained about a faint rattle from it when you're redlining in 3rd, and i've heard it, but it doesn't really bother me that much, and i don't remember reading that it's a real problem. i recently got the mtec shift springs that go in the trans too, they're a little stiffer than the oem springs they replace. they make the shifting a little stiffer, and it returns to center slightly quicker, so it makes 2>3 upshifts and 5>4 downshifts more accurate. it didn't happen a lot, but i have hit the area between 4th and 6th a few times on 5>4 downshifts before i got the mtec springs. i can't recall doing it since they were installed though. i recommend those as well though, especially for how cheap they are. between the short shifter and the springs, it's a completely different feeling shifter, and it's definitely better haha.

good luck on your hunt! i've seen a few decently priced used ones, so just look around for a bit before you decide to go for one, i've seen plenty overpriced. it's been pretty reliable for me as well, i really have no complaints. just keep in mind that you're not buying a fast car, though it is a little quicker than the 6g. it's certainly not something that'll pin you in the seat, but it handles awesome, even in stock form, and that's what makes it fun as hell to drive. also, find a decent subaru mechanic local to you, because as usual, the dealership will rape you on stupid easy stuff. changing the spark plugs at 60k is one of the things i'm sure they rape people on. my mechanic did them fairly easily, quick, and for a real good price. the car is very easy to work on otherwise though. i've used my mechanic for stuff i would've done on my own, because it's easier with a lift and he usually gives me a good deal on labor, but everything is very accessible on the car...except the spark plugs :lawl:

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
shit yeah i'm still liking it :lawl: i feel terrible for it though because i haven't washed it in like a month...i've been so busy working and when i've had free time it seems to always be raining :boo: i've been meaning to get some new photos with the wheels on too, but as i mentioned, i'm having time and cleaning issues :lawl:

the short shifter was the first thing i did, and it's worth it for sure and i definitely recommend the kartboy one, it's nice. people have complained about a faint rattle from it when you're redlining in 3rd, and i've heard it, but it doesn't really bother me that much, and i don't remember reading that it's a real problem. i recently got the mtec shift springs that go in the trans too, they're a little stiffer than the oem springs they replace. they make the shifting a little stiffer, and it returns to center slightly quicker, so it makes 2>3 upshifts and 5>4 downshifts more accurate. it didn't happen a lot, but i have hit the area between 4th and 6th a few times on 5>4 downshifts before i got the mtec springs. i can't recall doing it since they were installed though. i recommend those as well though, especially for how cheap they are. between the short shifter and the springs, it's a completely different feeling shifter, and it's definitely better haha.

good luck on your hunt! i've seen a few decently priced used ones, so just look around for a bit before you decide to go for one, i've seen plenty overpriced. it's been pretty reliable for me as well, i really have no complaints. just keep in mind that you're not buying a fast car, though it is a little quicker than the 6g. it's certainly not something that'll pin you in the seat, but it handles awesome, even in stock form, and that's what makes it fun as hell to drive. also, find a decent subaru mechanic local to you, because as usual, the dealership will rape you on stupid easy stuff. changing the spark plugs at 60k is one of the things i'm sure they rape people on. my mechanic did them fairly easily, quick, and for a real good price. the car is very easy to work on otherwise though. i've used my mechanic for stuff i would've done on my own, because it's easier with a lift and he usually gives me a good deal on labor, but everything is very accessible on the car...except the spark plugs :lawl:

so you'd recommend the kartboy over the trd short shifter? yeah i know it's not fast, i'll just turbo or supercharge it down the road haha. get some iridium spark plugs then you'll be good for 100k+ miles

car's looking great

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i can't speak for any other short shifter, i've only ever felt the kartboy (mine) haha, but i'd recommend it without hesitation. i love it. with plugs, i just like to stick with the oem stuff since i'm just leaving the engine stock, works for me haha. it's not like i'll have another 60k on it anytime soon anyway :p

and thanks again, jon haha. i had to fix my crooked picture :lawl: i'm hoping you end up with one and am looking forward to seeing what you do with it :thumbup:

kn0x47

Reaction score
i can't speak for any other short shifter, i've only ever felt the kartboy (mine) haha, but i'd recommend it without hesitation. i love it. with plugs, i just like to stick with the oem stuff since i'm just leaving the engine stock, works for me haha. it's not like i'll have another 60k on it anytime soon anyway :p

and thanks again, jon haha. i had to fix my crooked picture :lawl: i'm hoping you end up with one and am looking forward to seeing what you do with it :thumbup:

haha yeah i should have one within a year

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I still think it's so refreshing how you haven't added a widebody. Thats so many of them anymore. Not that they are all bad, but just very common anymore.

Also Jon, if you get a chance to drive one, take it. It surprised me how fun it was.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, i like the rocket bunny kit, even the km4sh kit too, but i just don't have the heart to cut up fenders on a car that's 4 years old haha. the fronts wouldn't bother me because they can just be replaced, it's more the rears, because there's no going back without welding once you do that haha. the cost too, even though the overs for the km4sh kit weren't that expensive, i'd have to get new wheels and also figure out a way to close up the space in the inner fender. all more work and money than i'd want to spend for a look haha. if the car was old though, i don't think i'd have a problem haha...like, i like the pandem kits they just put out for eg civics and would have no problem chopping one of those civics up haha.

kn0x47

Reaction score
aimgain/stancenation kit is nicer than the rocket bunny. The fronts are complete fenders and the rear don't have exposed rivets.
13245250_10100537173647132_949159460496389277_n.jpg

13260137_10100537173682062_569114004406037968_n.jpg

personally i want the vlene kit
13226929_10100537173746932_6844915342957212816_n.jpg

Back