Custom weighted shift knob

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
So I had some down time at work today. Been having the idea of making my own custom weighted shift knob for a while now just didn't have time at work to do it.

It's a pretty simple idea. A 3/4 rigid couple with two rows of three 3/8" bolt set screws offset of each other as a means to attatch to the factory shift lever. Then a close nipple and a 1"-3/4" reducer to a 1" coupling and two 1" pipe plugs which are solid steel.

I'm chopping a few inches off the factory lever to make a "short shifter".

Yea go ahead and tell me it's ghetto but I don't care and it's gonna look cool and custom.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I'll have it painted and installed by Sunday night. I'll post pics. I even made up a few different knobs that can attatch to the adapter

capsidx

Reaction score
I'll have it painted and installed by Sunday night. I'll post pics. I even made up a few different knobs that can attatch to the adapter

Yea if they look good i'll want one for sure. Currently using a civic si knob but I have quite a few I grabbed from the junkyard over the years. A few OEM accord ones, a prelude knob, bmw knob and some miscellaneous ones.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I have been really busy with school and work and family in still trying to find time to paint the shift knob. But so far it is installed and the feel is SURPRISINGLY better shifting from fear to gear. The shifts feel smoother and more firm.

When the shifter drops into the notch it does it with a smooth soft thud. That weight on the end of the shifter really changes the feel.

capsidx

Reaction score
I have been really busy with school and work and family in still trying to find time to paint the shift knob. But so far it is installed and the feel is SURPRISINGLY better shifting from fear to gear. The shifts feel smoother and more firm.

When the shifter drops into the notch it does it with a smooth soft thud. That weight on the end of the shifter really changes the feel.

:pics-stfu: lol

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I'm working on it. The weather has been in the 30-40 range and terrible for painting. pics coming soon,

I'm stfu now. Lol

capsidx

Reaction score
I know all about the weather. I’m in pa right now. Can’t wait to get back to Florida. If these are rock solid pm me so I can buy one :lawl:

datechboss101

Reaction score
I really want to see the outcome of this. I am planning on replacing the OEM one that came with the Rogue with something better.

Back