Wheelskin or CL S/MDX/TL S wheel options

What steering wheel option is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
I have the 02 accord with the thin rubber wheel, grey intior. I was looking at the CL S wheels on here and ebay and they are around 80-95 bucks. The wheel skins are around 55-65 bucks. i was just wondering what the other readers had and what all you would recommend. the wheelskin route is cheaper but from the pictures on thier site, they look sloppy. if you have either could you post pics of what you're ridding with. thanks guys

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Definitely get a CL-S or TL-S wheel, they're such an improvement. I got lucky and scored mine at a junkyard for $10. It was black, so I also painted the airbag assembly to match. It's easy to remove/replace our steering wheels too

vz992d.jpg

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Definitely get a CL-S or TL-S wheel, they're such an improvement. I got lucky and scored mine at a junkyard for $10. It was black, so I also painted the airbag assembly to match. It's easy to remove/replace our steering wheels too

vz992d.jpg

WOW that looks 100 times better than stock. i think you have just convinced me with that one picture. haha congrats on that find, the only junkyard around where i live is so expensive, they wanted 150 for a set of new aftermarket headlights smh.

when you painted the the airbag part did you just use some black spray paint? any prep-work other than cleaning it?

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Thanks man. After removing the airbag assembly I just briefly cleaned the surface then did 2 light coats of satin black spray paint, whatever walmart sells. It's been about 6 months so far and it's still holding up well. Now the plastic steering column behind the wheel was still light grey, so I replaced that with a black column assembly from another accord at the junkyard, really worked out for me.

AccordUser

Reaction score
just not worth the amount of work to me, but hey, maybe im just missing the upgrade....:eekwtf:

Bax

Reaction score
Take it from someone who had a wheelskin cover (you're talking about the ones you have to sew on right??), removed it, and is now looking for a different steering wheel.
Save the money and just get a new wheel. The wheelskin cover started peeling where my hands would touch after about 3 months, and thats with occaisional leather treatment.

Back