Lucky's official thread with mods

datechboss101

Reaction score
I have been a member for a quite a while, but not that active on this forum.

My ride is the 1999 Honda Accord LX close to bare stock.

I would love recommendations for any and all modifications that all you 6th geners recommend.

I will post pictures of my ride tomorrow as it's dark right now in Florida.

Maintanence:

Modifications:
Tint: Post #22

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
A good place to start if you're still basically stock is black housed headlights. One of the first things I did, definitely makes the 6th gen look clean. Whether you buy pre painted housing or crack the lenses off your stock ones, should be less than $100 depending on which ones you get. Fairly easy, just take the front bumper off, unscrew and unplug the lights then put the new ones in. If you have any questions be sure to ask!

datechboss101

Reaction score
welcome. any plans for the accord?
Any plans.... I already did a speaker upgrade to kicker and swapped my head unit to a double din JVC headunit. I'm thinking about getting some vossen rims on 19s, vinyl wrapping the car, plasti-dipped chrome, install some fogs, and some xenon lights. Other than that, I actually need recommendations for mods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

datechboss101

Reaction score
A good place to start if you're still basically stock is black housed headlights. One of the first things I did, definitely makes the 6th gen look clean. Whether you buy pre painted housing or crack the lenses off your stock ones, should be less than $100 depending on which ones you get. Fairly easy, just take the front bumper off, unscrew and unplug the lights then put the new ones in. If you have any questions be sure to ask!
Did you bought yours aftermarket or did you sprayed it black? I was thinking about a light black shade on my headlights and replacing the halogens with some xenon lights.

Accordx

Reaction score
Did you bought yours aftermarket or did you sprayed it black? I was thinking about a light black shade on my headlights and replacing the halogens with some xenon lights.

Bought pre painted aftermarket housing off amazon for less than $100 as my lenses were already fogged up. If you want xenon lights, you could get the pre painted housing and replace the halogen bulbs while you replace the housing.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Here is my modification list that I am planning to do:
  1. 19in or 20in vossen forged rims
  2. 4 spacers to 5 spacers conversion
  3. Honda emblem on the top center part of the windshield
  4. Plasti-dip emblems
  5. kicker subwoofer, door speakers, tweeters
  6. Air suspension
  7. Limo tint for the rearview window and rear windows
  8. 15% tint for the drivers and front passenger windows
  9. 50% tint for the front windsheld
  10. Xenon headlights (as I mentioned earlier)
  11. LED fog lights
  12. Maybe a turbocharger
  13. Plasti-dip the entire car
  14. sequencial taillights

That's all I got for my list of mods.

Connie

Reaction score
  1. 19in or 20in vossen forged rims
    -That's huge, they'll be heavy and probably affect performance/handling. I think big wheels look kind of silly but your car so if you like the look I say do it!
  2. 4 spacers to 5 spacers conversion
    -I think you mean 5-lug conversion. Good idea because it opens up your wheel and brake options. But keep in mind that if you have drums in the back you will probably need all the brakes and stuff too from a 5-lug car
  3. Honda emblem on the top center part of the windshield
    -Civic Nation style, lol
  4. Plasti-dip emblems
    -Looking forwards to seeing what colour you choose here
  5. kicker subwoofer, door speakers, tweeters
    -The premium audio cars (6-disc CD changer) had factory tweeters in the door panels, you could look for some door panels like from a premium audio car for a nice clean install.
  6. Air suspension
    -This will be expensive and a lot of work, but air suspension IS undeniably cool
  7. Limo tint for the rearview window and rear windows
    -Careful, I did this on my old civic and I couldn't see squat out the back windows at night.
  8. 15% tint for the drivers and front passenger windows
    -That's pretty dark, but will look sweet
  9. 50% tint for the front windsheld
    -It's illegal to tint windshields where I live; I'd check the laws where you live before you just do it.
  10. Xenon headlights (as I mentioned earlier)
    -Good call; the OEM lighting sucks even with new housings on my 02 Coupe
  11. LED fog lights
    -Love to see this once you get it done.
  12. Maybe a turbocharger
    -lots of write ups here in the performance section to give you ideas
  13. Plasti-dip the entire car
    -Looking forwards to seeing this to
  14. sequencial taillights
    -If you do this you gotta make a video; I'd love to see it.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Its been a while since I was here, but I have an updated list of what I wanted to do with my car, and sorry for the excessively long paragraph that you are going to read....

Lately, the heater control unit decided to be helpful intermittently so we are currently waiting for College Hills Honda to inform us if that particular part is in stock. As far for mods go, I am literally going to tint installed as the brand new MDX that my dad just bought has tint and the Nissan Rogue that we bought and traded our 05 Odyssey in for has tint. Down the road the plans are roughly the same, but I am going to remove all the engine modifications as I got plans to rack about a million+ miles on my f23a1 engine. My wheel bearings are being a POS as of right now, so I am looking around for best deals on 5-lug conversions, rear disc brakes, and new wheel bearings, and also some sick rims (please recommend me any great quality rims). I do plan on installing a spoiler, not sure which brand it is and possibly might have carbon fiber. Also in plans is doing a bunch of touch of paint work as my ride has lots of paint chips because this car was my dads first car and my moms second car ( the title is still under my dad's name). Sequencial lights are on the list as the tail lights have few minor cracks, and fog lights are needed for me as there is a huge amount of fog in the early mornings, which makes me to use the high-beams (the low beams are pretty bright too). For plasti-dip, I am thinking about just black, as the satin silver is extremely shiny and looks if the car was just rolled off from the Marysville, Ohio, Honda Motor Co. Accord plant. I am not going to risk any mechianical or structural issues with the car, as the dealership or "stealership" said the car is mechanically fine and we just repaired a bunch of leaks. I am also in the talks with joining team NvUS, as mods are part of their requirements.

Numeric List of updated mods list, but not all of them will make it on my car by end of 2018:
1. Tint-- Probably 15%-20% all around, 75% front windershield
2. 5-lug conversion-- wheel bearings are about to give out within the next few years
3. Rims
4. LED Fogs
5. Sequencial tails
6. Switch-blade key (kinda got used to push-button ignition)
7. Cold Air intake
8. ECU tune up
9. Exhaust system
10. Front and rear lip kit
11. Side skirts
12. Air suspensions
13. Spoilers

Last edited:
Back