swenyo's 02 Accord Coupe EX-L 5spd

swenyo

Reaction score
Been looking around here for a while and have only made a few posts here and there and decided to finally get a member's ride thread for myself. No pictures yet but after seeing Collkid's thread I thought I'd get some feedback before showing the goods (and bads). Picked it up as my first car and couldn't be any happier.

Completely stock as of right now but I'm working with a black on black 5 speed EX-L which took forever for me to find, didn't want to settle for anything else. 151k miles on the clock.

Some things I plan on doing:
Paint
Tint
5 lug conversion with some 2nd gen tl-s wheels
Acura RL BBK
Coilovers
New headlights
Convert to 98-00 front bumper for the sake of a mesh grille and more lip options
New stereo although I like the steering wheel volume controls
Might even just change the steering wheel

So far I've just replaced the shift knob with a weighted mishimoto knob and also replaced the trunk to a wingless trunk (didn't want holes or bondo'd holes on the trunk)

Will be updating later with pictures and even more plans as I come up with them

Enne

Reaction score
Sounds like you found a nice ride, can't wait to see pics! What color were you thinking of painting it?

Also, how is the '02 coupe front end different than the '98-'00? I know the coupe and sedans have slightly different front bumpers.

swenyo

Reaction score
Sounds like you found a nice ride, can't wait to see pics! What color were you thinking of painting it?

Also, how is the '02 coupe front end different than the '98-'00? I know the coupe and sedans have slightly different front bumpers.

Gonna keep it black, probably not gonna be the original paint color just to cut costs.

The 98-00 bumpers have one large bottom opening rather than the three on the 01 & 02. Even though I love the newer bumper, the grille isn't removable like on the older one so I can't get the mesh grille with no badge on my current bumper.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^people used to cut out the molded grill then add the mesh one. Can't remember what they did to fasten the bottom in though.

Back