DIY: Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, here we go.
the gauge:
Air-FuelGauge.jpg

it only has 3 wires coming from it, a red (power), a black (ground), and a purple (O2 sensor hook up).

ClockSplices.jpg

i spliced the red wire into the yellow wire on the back of the clock. the yellow wire powers the light for the clock, so it comes on with the ignition. and i spliced the ground into the ground, cuz, well, im lazy, haha.

Air-FuelIn-lineFuse.jpg

for the Air/Fuel gauge, it says to put a 5 Amp inline fuse, so thats that^

Air-FuelPurpleSplice.jpg

thats the passenger side carpet pulled back, cuz thats where all the wire plug into the ECU in the car.

CloseupAir-FuelPurpleSplice.jpg

thats a close up shot of the purple wire running from the air/fuel gaue to the splice into the Primary O2 Sensor wire. (thanks to angelplus again for the diagram)

Heres that diagram that helped. btw, the diagram is only for that one plug that the Primary O2 sensor wire runs into, not all of the plugs down there.
f23aecuwiring2.gif

hope this helps for anyone who is going to install one of these bad boys, haha.

looking back on this, this is pretty lame :lawl: it will work, but it's honestly just going to give you something to look at and is pretty useless haha.

Last edited:

justvtec

Reaction score
Dude this is really helpful thanx man u rock this will help me put my Vtec Light

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its no problem, glad its helping out. i think we used to have a thread regarding the Vtec Light somewhere, i know we had it on the old site.

justvtec

Reaction score
ya you did but i would click on it and it would show not found

justvtec

Reaction score
So that way you can see and hear when the vtec SCREAMING

retroshark

Reaction score
no offense but vtec isnt that important any more. most car companies have their equivilant (BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, VW) in fact, hondas vtec (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is now more outdated compared to systems such as toyotas VVTI. you could add a light for VTEC but even in the cae of the write up on that site, it has no purpose. unless you are runnig a "vtec controller" or you have full enginemanagement and want to set the rpms at which vtec engages, you really dont need a light to show vtec. even if you just want to know you are "in" VTEC, it still makes no difference because you cant really do anything to change it. back when vtec first came out it was the top of the line engines at honda that had it. now, every honda has it, and more omportantly, it has been refined. most cars actually have the same system but under a different name.

all im trying to say is please try and stay away from the whole "praising vtec" thing, because unfortunately for us honda drivers, we no longer are the only people with vtec or the equivilant in our cars.

retroshark

Reaction score
lol! dont worry, hondas still the best.

dont forget, HONDA = Hold On Not Done Accelerating

Back