H23 Intake Manifold onto F23 Head

NASOHC

Reaction score
I love these kind of projects though (like adapting intake manifold) because it really tests the ability of the person and design for the engine to make more power - regardless of the time it takes or minimal gains you may achieve, heck - satisfaction guaranteed! :)

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
But what really makes power in all motor hondas is being able to rev high, And a F23 cannot do that, The rod stroke ratio is not good... Have you seen the rods, or even rod bolts at that? If you are really serious of reving over stock redline...I would recommend at least ARP bolts in your journey...

Yes you dont work at a performance shop, but its apparent you have mechanical ability to install all things... I have less than $300 in my setup... given most people cant do that, but most of my stuff I did labor to get parts, and made many of my parts, as for piping,manifold,downpipe etc...

AFAccord

Reaction score
But what really makes power in all motor hondas is being able to rev high, And a F23 cannot do that, The rod stroke ratio is not good... Have you seen the rods, or even rod bolts at that? If you are really serious of reving over stock redline...I would recommend at least ARP bolts in your journey...

Yeah, I'm just not striving to rev this motor high. If I had an H/B/K or even a D-series motor, I'd rev the piss out of it because it doesn't make any power down low. This motor makes 150ft/lbs of torque right off idle, and stays pretty smooth until the rev limiter. That's what I like, usable power.

I'm not attempting to shift my power range upward to reach a whp goal like NASOHC, I simply want to raise my torque curve throughout the entire range and extend it just slightly so torque doesn't drop off so fast between 5200 and 5500rpm. It'd be nice to hit 200whp, just because it's that magical number that no one has done with an NA F23, but in the end horsepower doesn't matter. It's the shape of the torque curve, and how fast the car is on the track that counts.

I'd take a boosted F all day long over a built H22, but since so many people are on the H-swap band wagon, it's nice to shake things up a bit with an all motor F. I'll won't make more horsepower than most H22's or F20b's, but I already make more torque than most, and that's what moves me down the track.

In the end, the car is still a daily driver for me, and it'll have to stay that way since I'm taking it with me overseas. I really wouldn't want it any other way because it's already such a joy to drive. :)

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
On another note, my clutch is almost dead now. On one hand, it sucks, but on the other hand it's a good thing, since now I have a legit reason to replace it.

I'll plan to purchase the replacement around the 1st of this coming month, and hopefully install it the first weekend that I have free. A lightweight flywheel will be complementing it, so after maybe 1000 miles, hopefully I'll get a chance to go to the track and get a baseline before this mod. :leeann:

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
I have a slightly used act clutch and lightweight flywheel if your interested lol. $200 takes it all..

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
ill make an actual list of things to watch out for, but i basically told ya over the phone everything i saw tht was changed

AFAccord

Reaction score
i still say use the f23 plenum....

F23 plenum and what runners?? The F23 IM is great for boost, but garbage for all-motor.

I have a slightly used act clutch and lightweight flywheel if your interested lol. $200 takes it all..

PM'd

ill make an actual list of things to watch out for, but i basically told ya over the phone everything i saw tht was changed

I'll never remember everything, so go ahead and post it up!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Yep. I've got orders to Aviano, and I'm working to get orders for my wife right now. If she can't go with me, then I'll have to cancel my orders. Can't go 3 years without her. :(

Back