Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:11 AM
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rusty Accord's 99 Sedan LX F23A4 w/5speed (56K)

Well, I didn't get as far as I would have liked, but I did make some progress,

This is about as clean as I'm going to get with this subframe. It's full of deep pits. I may look for another one some day, but for now I'm going to use it.

Another shot of the subframe. This time looking at the other side of it.

So, I shot it in some PPG epoxy primer, with a rattle can top coat (VHT). I hit it as much as I could, and dumped 2 layers on it.

A shot of the left side. Figured I couldn't hurt it putting something on the rust.

Right side got a coat too. I don't think it'll stay, but it'll look good until it's under the car again.

Here's a shot for Blazin of the gear end of the home built rotisserie.

Another shot of the gear end.

Look at the dust. Man I gotta clean that up. That's the problem with dark cars in dusty places.

Here's the new fuel tank. Just gotta strip the old tank of the parts I need to install on to it, then it can go into the subframe and back under the car where it belongs.

Here's the end links and bushings.

I've still got the front to do, but it'll probably be after the weekend/rear subframe/tank job is done. Yeah, I'm not as fast as Connie is, but I didn't plan on doing it in a day either. At this point I don't have to mess with the lines. I did get under it and brush off some of the dirt. What I did find though, was the heat shields had about an inch of dust/dirt on them. I smacked it, and watched the dirt just fall off. Still need to do the rear bumper too, as the pockets are full of dirt. I bet if I took a wet rag I could take the remaining dust/dirt off the bottom. Right now it's just a very light layer, and rubbing your hand across it takes most of it off. It's actually a lot cleaner than it seems.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!