Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 AM
Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15 Points: 2,879, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Blazinqwickly is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Rusty Accord's 99 Sedan LX F23A4 w/5speed (56K)

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
Time for an update again as my regular computer decided it didn't want to play nice, and lost everything I had typed/was going to put into this thread tonight.First order of business was to remove the pump and tank vent off the old tank, and install them on the new tank (no pics of that).

Here's a side shot of the tank installed in the subframe.

And this is more of a head on shot. Right after these 2 shots, I started plumbing it, and adding some parts.

Here you can see the plumbing added, and if you squint hard, you can see the sway bar end link is in place, as I did the sway bar bushings with the sub flipped over. I tightened the lowers while I had it that way, then once righted tightened the upper part of the links.

Here's the right side, and the link is clearly visible in this shot. I figured this was as good a time as any to install them. It was also right after this shot that my camera died (dead battery). So I put it on the charger, and kept working on the car. By the time it charged up, I had the sub moved under the car, and bolted in place.

Here's a pic of the left side with it all bolted in place. The brakes still need to be assembled, but the cable is in place and bolted to the backing plate.

Here's a shot of the rear from under the bumper cover. I should have done something with the hump on the body, but it slipped my mind. I'll see about tring to get something on the rust.

Here's the right side, showing no brakes too, but it is bolted in place with it's cable attached as well. You can see the tank peeking out between the body and the subframe.

At this time, all I have left to do is reassemble the brakes, bleed them, re-hang the exhaust system and weld my sleeve on, put the rear tires back on, and fuel the car checking for leaks. I do want to toss a torque wrench on some of the bolts and make sure they're to spec though. All in all, a progressive day, and it's getting closer to being back on the ground.
You have been a busy man, looking good though and that rust does not stand a chance around you !

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!