Blew my tranny need to know what my options here are

V6hondapower

Reaction score
Today was driving at about 65 70mph and car kinda stalled speedo dropped instantly and rpms shot to over 6 grand. It was like it slipped out of gear and went straight to neutral. It still drives but wont shift out of 2nd tranny fluid smells fried. I know i need a new tranny but dont want to put same one back in but i really dont want to put a manual in cause im lazy as hell at times. So what i want is an auto with the slapstick i seen that the acura tls have a tranny like that in the and am wondering if that tranny would bolt on or not since its a 3.2l where accord is the 3.0 so please help me and let me kno if anyone knows if its possible or what other tranny i could use i love my honda accord coupe and im not ready to get rid of it i have 342000 miles on it and still fires up right away best car ive ever had and just cudnt get rid of it when the engine is still going strong. Okay so after reading up on honda automatics i see most are junk or develop problems so what are my options for manual could a 7th gen accord manual trans bolt up since they are both j30 engines or does the tranny bolt up different on the j30a4s then the j30a1

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
Maybe the auto tranny off of the oddessy or the prelude could work? The fact that you got 342k miles out of the automatic is pretty crazy

Connie

Reaction score
7th gen 5spd auto. 05-up is your best bet. If you get an 03 or an 04, make sure the recall has been done. (cooler line rerouted to stop them burning out)

It's not as simple as just dropping it in, but it has been done before. Try doing a search on here.

I feel your pain on the V6 slushbox; I'm on my second one, too.

Nice mileage btw; you got me beat....for now XD

V6hondapower

Reaction score
Thanks connie so. The 05 and up 7th gen auto would work and i have a friend who has been a mechanic his whole life and has a lift in his home garage and i do all my own work on the car myself and go to him for help when i get stuck and basicly then i could put an auto or manual into since it was common on the 7th gen to get manual with the v6 coupe and what parts would i all need to hook the tranny up then if i use a 7th gen?

Back