Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's '02 CG2 EX-L

Got involved in a car accident last night... Totally not at-fault tho btw. No one was hurt. Was following the car, which was on right lane, me on the left lane, and all of the sudden, this dude started to cut me off on my lane to make an illegal u-turn, right in front of me lol. Now, just because I was behind him, it could sound like I hit him in general, but he simply tackled my right fender, like a buffalo lol. There was absolutely no way I could maneuver that, especially when you know you're blocked by a divider concrete curb lmfao. luckily he's insured, well let's just say "hopefully" at this time b/c the name didn't match w/ his I.D. but his address haha..

82995e00f67979ff24c55460e644ff47.jpg

fc29f48ec1a653154499ce0810673f9a.jpg

2e763833e8585c5b451a1963d585e41b.jpg

Ran over the curb, but surprisingly, both of my front BBS don't even have any scratches on them lol. It hit & shook my exhaust mufler, and the mufler tip cracked the paint. Could care less about my tires but it proly messed up my recent alignment specs big time.
c7d13ac66137aec8e9084ac3041bb69c.jpg

48b6b0f0f739111f743e4afcb59ef42c.jpg

22306fad87f3e9cc656e886387b55ba7.jpg

f6d6b2c895d588c0a66c6af1675ee714.jpg

Got a portable GPS dash cam recorder from wifey as my BD gift, and it recorded everything, so big thanks to her!

Time to say good bye to my blacked headlights, and this could be a good time to upgrade my front-end but it ain't easy for me this yr tho..

But I got to be positive b/c I hate to be depressed, especially around this time when the dark season is coming into the PNW.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Damn man sorry to hear but glad you're ok! Hopefully they cover everything and your car will be looking brand new again haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Thanks man. Yeah we'll see how it goes. Such a PITA to go thru all of this, especially for a modded car lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

:( Sorry about your luck. Glad it wasn't worse and that you are alright. And that it wasn't the rear quarter panel. I always wonder why people have dash cams and then something like this happens and it makes total sense. Anyway I hope the car gets fixed up to your standards, what are your plans for changing up the front end? Did you have your car insured for a higher amount since it is modified?

Dark season is a bummer, it is already getting darker earlier here. But the time change in December is when it really changes over...sucks bigtime.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Got more pic for the insurance company, so I might as well throw them out here.

Blue is me & Red is the dude.
ad337cd892704a4eae7337ddfc3dd6e7.jpg

The collision happened at the end of the yellow divider.
94b055de4f3e3fddc609659325267f19.jpg

Dude started to make the U-turn, about a few more ft fwd where BMW is in this pic. He kept his right blinker signal turned on, as if he was going into a drive way to a gas station (on the map you see). And his 3rd brake light was out, which it proly made my braking response delayed. I bet he wanted to get more angle to make the turn by staying on the right, not thinking about his rear view.
81306973ce4185d4317001b1dd93ec8e.jpg

It may look like the sign is for there you can hit the U-turn there, but it's for a driver at speed, informing that there's a designated spot available ahead of here.
d8b668ff6b779019ee2534561cb22d2d.jpg

There's even another sign that says you can't do the U-turn.
767f41133ab5c24e1f89a2255273173b.jpg

The video clip is too big to upload it anyway, but let's just say I don't want to display my disturbing roar in the cabin alone, b/c it's pretty embarrassing lol. Besides my shout, all I said was "What in the hell, man !? !?" lol

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

:( Sorry about your luck. Glad it wasn't worse and that you are alright. And that it wasn't the rear quarter panel. I always wonder why people have dash cams and then something like this happens and it makes total sense. Anyway I hope the car gets fixed up to your standards, what are your plans for changing up the front end? Did you have your car insured for a higher amount since it is modified?

Dark season is a bummer, it is already getting darker earlier here. But the time change in December is when it really changes over...sucks bigtime.
Thanks, Chris. Yeah, damage to our QP sucks money so I'm relieved; This is like the minimal damage you can ever get it from a collision tho lol. Actually, 1st thing in my mind was to check on my wheels lol. Yeah it's pretty handy, right? Not only that but it's really fun to record your driving scene, especially when you're driving with pleasures to go out somewhere nice. Yes, let's hope so. I'll be sure to get an OEM fender & a headlight, get them perfectly paint-matched + installed 'n aligned correctly.

Well, my plan was to work on my retros. But then, since this sh*t happened, it could be a perfect time to get it on to the Ultimate Acura LED Projector(s) Retros.:rock: But I don't think I can do that now lol.

Oh, I was just saying that in general. B/c you know, they don't get covered most of the time. I just pay a regular type of insurance for this car & my SUV that's all haha. Might be nice, if there's such an insurance for modded vehicles tho. (But iirc, thought I heard someone saying that there's one in England or somewhere. Might've been from you, no?)

Dude that sucks. Glad your ok. Hope everything gets fixed up.
I'll be sure to restore her by the time I see you in Spring! :waytogo:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ :boink:

Drove out to the shop for an estimate. Seems to be about $1,600 (grand total, minus tax). It would most likely become higher, since an alignment service is marked as to-be-invoiced + other possible hidden damage. I just noticed that my left side skirt's front is pushed up a lot more than the rear, creating essentially not gap from my door panel.

As of now, there's going to be a few changes to my mods.

Retiring / Re-doing mods:
* DUPLI-COLOR Semi-Gloss Black Headlight Housings → Post #399
* PLASTI DIP Matte-Black Upper Grille Center Bar → Post #462
* JDM Casual Dress-up 3mm Black Vinyl Tape → Post #467
* JDM Wind Noise-Reducing Engine Hood Weather Strips → Post #507
Took off the weather strip on the fender as of now, but we'll see if I can re-3M it again. I guess I'll spend some time re-doing those mods in the future.

Repairing mods by a shop:
* TOYOTA CAMRY Under Spoiler Protection Strips → Post #314
* VENTURESHIELD Under Spoiler Paint Protection → Post #254
Interestingly, my spoiler protection strip was included in the estimate. 3M Venture shield really did its job done, fully protected my spoiler. has a small rubber scuff on the edge and that's it! Not even a spider web crack. Felt nice having a polyurethane spoiler as well.

I'll probably keep these retiring posts displayed, in case someone find them helpful. Well, that's it for now, and we'll see how this will go.

Varnell

Reaction score

Nice to see your thoroughness extends beyond your list of maintenance and modifications. I feel like I was standing on the sidewalk as the wreck occured...

Back