SRS Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
Geez, i feel like a n00b, but i cant find my honda book. What does the SRS light mean when it cmes on?

one way it comes on is if you have a seat disconnected and you start the car,

the easiest way to reset it is to have a friend that works for honda :)

aDDandrew

Reaction score
I had my SRS lights on for about a good 7 months. I was thinking about doing the paper clip trick. Would it really be wise to reset it and not take it to a dealer? I want my airbags to come out when something happen. You feel me?

Telri

Reaction score
According to the Accord 2000 Owner's Manual
Honda said:
How the SRS Indicator Light Works

The purpose of the SRS indicator light is to alert you to a potential problem with your front airbags. On all V-6 models and 4-cylinder EX model with leather interior, this light will also alert you to a potential problem with your side airbags or passenger's side airbag automatic cutoff system.

When you turn the ignition ON (II), this indicator will light up briefly then go out. This tells you that the system is working properly.

However, if the light comes on at any other time, you should have the system checked by your dealer. For example:

• If the SRS indicator light does not come on after you turn the ignition ON (II).
  • If the light stays on after the engine starts.
  • If the light comes on or flashes on and off while you drive.

If you see any of these indications, your front or side airbags may not deploy, or your passenger's side airbag automatic cutoff system may not work properly. See your Honda dealer as soon as possible.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I have a problem where mine comes on sporatically, only when someone is in my passenger seat. I have a 2000 ex coupe 4cyl.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
Nice write up My window got broken on Tuesday (punks)and I took my seats out to make sure that I get all of the glass out and forgot to plug the connectors under the seat, so the SRS light came on and this took me about 30 seconds to do....I'm at work and all the paper clips here are really big so I used a staple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back