RL Wheels

Denton1000

Reaction score
To start off, I know that there’s a wheel fitment thread but it kept freezing when I tried to look through it. I found this nice cheap set of Acura RL 17” wheels that I’m interested in. My v6 coupe’s stock 205/60R16’s have a smaller diameter and circumference than the RL’s 245/50R17’s and according to 10/10 Tire, they aren’t suggested. I came here to find out if anyone has this wheel/tire setup and how it works. I think the RL wheel is 8” so I’m sure there could be some rubbing issues but I don’t do a lot of tight, lock to lock turns so I wonder how much of an issue this would be. Again, I know there is a fitment thread but if anyone has experience with this setup, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
I think with how wide these are and with a lot of the 17's on these accords you'll probably have to get your fenders rolled (also depends on your ride height). I don't think I've heard of anyone running RLs personally, but it sounds possible.

Denton1000

Reaction score
I’ve never heard of it either but figured someone had done it[emoji23] I’m still at stock height but was thinking the same thing. I’m just not sure how well the inner fender could handle them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connie

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure stock tire size is 205/60R15, not 70R15.

Going wider often causes issues, especially with the rear swaybar links.

Denton1000

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure stock tire size is 205/60R15, not 70R15.

Going wider often causes issues, especially with the rear swaybar links.

You’re right, idk why I put 70 instead of 60. I’m just curious as to how far I can go before there’s actual damage.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Given that it is an OEM Honda wheel the offset will be no lower than +45 (your OEM wheels are +55), and with an 8" width you should not have any issues. Many people have put the 3G TL 17x8 wheels on their 6GA at various ride heights and I don't recall hearing any issues that were not easily fixed. I am running some 3G TL A-spec wheels that are 18x8 +45, I am lowered a few inches and never had a problem. If you are at stock height you should be fine.

Tire wise you will want to run whatever tire size will match the OEM overall diameter. Playing with a tire calculator will give you that size.

Back