Any interest?

capsidx

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a rear windshield wiper on my 6th gen. It will mainly consist of junkyard parts and/or new parts. I was planning on finishing the project and just tossing up some photos on Frankenstein's official thread.

I was just wondering if you guys wanted me to do a write up. Trying to see how much interest is in the project. I usually take pictures of everything I do before, during and after it's done but no one ever asked for a write up. The only exception is the 5 speed swap and I'd basically have to do a whole bunch of work for nothing lol. So any interest?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

dawg316

Reaction score
do it up. even if people arnt interested . you might spark the mind of someone new / get more people to stumble upon the forum here.

kinda interested to see how you will go abouts doing it too

Connie

Reaction score
I have been considering doing something similar for awhile now. It would really make a big difference to have a rear wiper, especially on a coupe! I can't tell you how many times I've been unable to see through that window because of rain or melting snow. You are planning on implementing a squirter, too???

Can't wait to see this. What car are you planning on harvesting your parts from?

capsidx

Reaction score
I haven't decided what car yet, anything I find really will do . A fluid dispenser would be a little tricky but not impossible at all.then I'd have two reservoirs and I'd have to wire the rear one to a separate switch. I need something that takes blades that are acceptably long enough to function, reliable and easy to get parts for. Maybe an Integra or the sir t Accord. since its custom it's fair game and I could use anything really. I'll keep you posted for sure. As soon as I do my other repairs first lol. New tires, rear main seal first .

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

umop-apisdn

Reaction score
I don't believe I've ever seen anyone undergo such an installation. Post it up!

98acclude

Reaction score
this is dope and original! I dunno if it's something I would go threw but I think is a hell of an idea and I'd love to see where this goes and how you go about doing it!

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I could have sworn that I saw an Accord coupe in the random photos that appear at the top of the main page with a rear wiper on it. I don't remember whose car it was, but it was done in the mid 00's.

Enne

Reaction score
A wiper from a mid-00s Chrysler Town and Country minivan would be common and big enough to get the whole back window lol. Interested in seeing the process :D

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
A wiper from a mid-00s Chrysler Town and Country minivan would be common and big enough to get the whole back window lol. Interested in seeing the process :D

Yup, and you could use the fluid jug from a 5th gen Accord wagon too. Maybe even use a rear wiper unit from a Pilot if you want to keep it all Honda.;)

capsidx

Reaction score
I think once my car is running correctly I can do this but moving to florida makes me think I wont need this anymore.

Back