replacing core support?

sikjdm

Reaction score
anyone have experience replacing the core support in our vehicles? what is the procedure? got into a front end collision earlier today and need the vehicle drivable without getting pulled over tomorrow..

i was going to see if there is welding involved and what not?

juicebox00

Reaction score
yes, welding involved. and it's hard to get it perfect w/o a machine like a frame puller to set everything right depending on how bad the crash is. Plus, only costs $55 for the support and $250 for install w/ guaranteed fitment.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
i replace one at least once a week at work. I dont recommend doing it yourself with out the proper measurements and measuring tools,sure anybody can drill out the spot welds,clean it up and reweld it..but when it comes putting the lights,bumper and aligning everything is when you will run into BIG problems.
Not unless the wreck is not big then just trace the old spot,and put back in the OE line drawn..but still wont know the fitment till to late.

ejreams

Reaction score
There is welding involved pretty much no matter what.

Typically the support should be replaced, however even if it isn't replaced it must be aligned and then re-welded, in spots that need it.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
easy once uve done it a couple times
all u need is couple trees, 2-3 com-a-longs, measuring tape(not tha most acurate but will do) drill and welder, most core supports cost around 3-4 g's , at leaast tha ones that come thro tha shop

sikjdm

Reaction score
what kind of core supports do you use? 24k gold? i got a oem honda genuine for $175 :lawl:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
no ,12k gold lol

it wld probly cost tha core support and about a weekend of hard wok

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Body work is a big pain in the ***. You can replace the core but ur going to have to bend, tweak and modify parts to make everything line up again.

Back