Best short ram intake?

McCarthy00V6

Reaction score
Okay well I've got a 2000 coupe v6 and just starting out making changes to it igot tint, a headunit, and subs but now ithink I want an intake but where I live it rains and snows a lot so idont want a cold air ithink I'm gonna be a short ram but ineed some opinions. Thanks

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
They are almost all the same unless you get into carbon fiber and other higher end materials. Just get a cheap pipe ebay pipe and use a good filter like K&N and comptech

truWarier02

Reaction score
Ebay Pipe/Spectre Pipe from Autozone + K&N filter

or

TASauto Hybrid Intake

No need to burn a hunnit or 2 on a pipe and filter.

Jyos

Reaction score
Like the rest said, I got myself an eBay CAI paired with an AEM dryflow filter (the filter that comes with the eBay kit sucks), and it works great :D

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
snow or rain doesn't matter. im lowered 2.5 inches and drove through this horrible winter. just don't be dumb and drive through puddles.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Agree on good cheap ebay pipe and K&N filter. Also ebay pipes then to break fast, where it mounts to body of the car to hold it. My brother bought ebay pipe, sanded, painted it, and bought K&N filter and it looked nice.

I've had AEM intake for 2.5 years now, no problems, really nice.

storms

Reaction score
Aem has a really nice sound to it! Some of the cheaper ones have a tiny sound when Vtec kicks in, do to the thinner metal they use.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Or you could just get a "drop in" k&n filter. I'm thinking about hacking up my short ram to make my own "tas auto" hybrid intake and drop in k&n filter and then make my own cold air/ram air transition to the filter box.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You'd have to drive through a pond to hydro lock your motor, a CAI isn't a problem.

But if you want an SRI it's easier and cheaper to do, just get a generic pipe and a decent filter as previously said.

Personally I love my AEM V2.

Back