Led tail lights "Brake Lamp" indicator

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I just got LED tail lights and the "Brake Lamp" indicator is on... I don't like it so how can I get rid of it?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
LED's draw less power than your factory bulbs, so you need load resistors to counter that and trick the system.

Remember to try searching the site before posting, these cars are pretty old so simple things like this have been done/discussed.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Led signals

I have searched but could not find much, I have switchback LEDS for signals in the front and am planning to put some Amber LED signals in the rear, since having resistors for the front signals will I need to wire in some for the rest also?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
My Depo tail lights came with a connector that has one resistor in it so it can read the proper resistance for the brake lamp circuit. It replaces the factory module that was there before.

Connector w/ resistor. In the trunk, I think it was on the drivers side near the outer tail lamp bolts. The stock version of this connector is a small black box with an open side and visible circuit board.
ZoTkqLF.jpg

Sino

Reaction score
Not sure if it would help with these taillights but when I replaced brake bulbs with LED ones I followed a DIY here that has you pull a wire out of a connector to disable the brake lamp warning. I can look for the thread if anyone's interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Not sure if it would help with these taillights but when I replaced brake bulbs with LED ones I followed a DIY here that has you pull a wire out of a connector to disable the brake lamp warning. I can look for the thread if anyone's interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes please!

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Led signals

Hi, I have switchback Amber to white led turn signals/markers on the front of my car and now I want to install some White led turn signals and reverse lights in the rear... Since I have load resistors for the bulbs up front will I have to wire in some for the rear too?

Back