Power seat stopped working !!

nathan007

Reaction score
Hey there!
I swapped CL-S front seats in my 6th gen coupe, everything was working fine until I sent my driver seat to get re-done (had a nasty tear).

When I installed it back, norhing would work (up/down, recliner, forward/reverse ), when I activate the switches nothing happens. I checked my fuses, everything is good. Its like if it wasn't powered at all..
Now I did make a mistake; I swapped my old seat belt onto the seat and mistakenly plugged it into the forward /reverse position sensor (same plug, which was unplugged..) May I have fried the seat control module? I rechecked everything after and still no movement at all (even tested the switch panel According to the manual)

Help!!!

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

dawg316

Reaction score
grab a test light. and make shure you got voltage there before anything.

test. dont assume

nathan007

Reaction score
I downloaded the acura tl manual, will go trough the test chart with my multimeter this weekend!!

nathan007

Reaction score
Well here i am, after checking everything, had power where it needed, ground as it should, but testing the switch output always pointed to faulty switch / open in wire.. Did some continuity tests on sample wires from the switch and everything was good. Tested the switch itself, it was good also, then a few beers later, do i feel god damn stupid..

The guy who did my seat disconnected the switch, but he reconnected it the wrong way (recliner plug and rear switch are the same, and lenght is confusing..). So no wonder i had no output from the switch... Plugged it the other way and bam! Brand *******g new! Damn i feel dumb having wasted so much time trying to find the issue when only the connector was the wrong one. Well, a few bucks saved there haha

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Well here i am, after checking everything, had power where it needed, ground as it should, but testing the switch output always pointed to faulty switch / open in wire.. Did some continuity tests on sample wires from the switch and everything was good. Tested the switch itself, it was good also, then a few beers later, do i feel god damn stupid..

The guy who did my seat disconnected the switch, but he reconnected it the wrong way (recliner plug and rear switch are the same, and lenght is confusing..). So no wonder i had no output from the switch... Plugged it the other way and bam! Brand *******g new! Damn i feel dumb having wasted so much time trying to find the issue when only the connector was the wrong one. Well, a few bucks saved there haha

Congrats on finding the problem and fixing it. Not to mention letting us know what the problem actually was.

nathan007

Reaction score
Its the whole point lol, I hate reading threads on problems with no update whatsoever!!

Back