DIY:OEMish style DRL/Fog light Highbeam area

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
thanks guys..
well I ended up re-wiring the DRLs..and put them to a toggle switch under my HU..But will swap to a OEM fog switch once I install my double din.But still did a clean install.

Grounded both lights separately,blending them in with factory ground points.Then ran a wire in between both of them connecting the positive wires together.Then used a T clamp type connector and ran a wire through the firewall to the switch(temporary)
Trying to keep it looking clean.sorry for dirty engine bay.
CIMG3139.jpg

CIMG3140.jpg

CIMG3141.jpg

CIMG3142.jpg

Last edited:

JDMCG7

Reaction score
just finished mine up there look awsome but had couple problems the 9006 Blubs didnt fit right in the socket hole in the hi beam area one brand new light burned out. so i used H11s with a bracket to hold them in. wired mine up to the ignition wire with a rocker switch so when the car is on with the switch on the lights are on no corner or city lights on. ill post pictures up. looks like my driver headlight lens is too hazy so hopefully new black houseings soon :peace:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^ Yes i mentioned needing to shave down part of the 9006 socket to fit into the housing correctly.but glad you got it working your way

sabSquishy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this but wiring it so my DRL/high beams come on whenever the parking lights are off. Then when they come on, they turn off and function as a high beam again and I can toggle it. Anyone else do this before? If not I'm about to venture into a new area.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
^ Do it. Your way sounds more ideal then I was planning to do...

I was thinking about rewiring the high beams to the ignition in series circuit and have a toggle switch. If my little knowledge of circuitry is correct, they would have the reduced wattage needed to act like DRLs.

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Did some research last night. Anyone heard of the Hamsar 43035 module? It's a module similar to the one found in the CDM version of our cars. Basically turns on your high beams at 60% brightness whenever the car is on. They turn off when the low beams turn on and your high beam is still functional.

http://alavigne.net/Motorsports/FeatureReports/S2000/DRL/index.jsp

Here's someone who did it to their s2000.

Draws power straight from the battery but the fuses regulate how much power will go to the bulbs. Looks pretty simple. I believe you can keep the car on but engine off and as long as the parking brake is up, the lights will not come on if you wire something in with the parking brake wires.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Yeah, there is someone on this forum who used the exact module. The bad thing about it is that it costs a bit much IMO. Also, for those with the MH1 retrofit, I'm not sure how the bi-xenon is going to act when the DRLs are implemented.

You should do a write-up if you decide to purchase it. :thumbsup:

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Nevermind. I'm not paying $140 for some stupid lights that don't matter. How is it possible that you see little dim lights coming towards you giving you enough time to swerve away yet you can't see the car coming your way?

If the module cost less than 30, I would probably do it and it seems pretty straightforward. Splice a couple wires, tab into the parking brake line if you don't want them to come on. I'd encourage whoever chooses to do this to make a DIY.

Ryan

Reaction score
Is there anyway that I can just wire them up to a switch to my dash and still keep the highbeam function???

Back