Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 08:52 AM
Points: 3,384, Level: 16 Points: 3,384, Level: 16 Points: 3,384, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Connie is somewhat reliable
Re: Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Originally Posted by Blazinqwickly View Post
I completely hear what you mean about a car being too low and running into issues on the daily commute, with construction, potholes and random crap on the road I would never want a slam burger for a daily commute.

That is actually one of the reasons I chose to stay some what relaxed when it came to picking out a suspension for the wives car, soft enough to not rattle the fillings in your teeth or jar your spine and kidneys lol.

I agree a 60 profile is a bit tall, it might be comfortable but those always felt like a pick up truck tire and were a bit soft for my taste when it came to corners.
The tires that came on the Ex we have are 195/65/15 , which is even taller, also one of the reasons we were already looking into maybe a set with 205/50/17, still has a really nice selection of tires in that range for all types of weather conditions and temps.

How is the wear rating on those tires that you chose?
I have been trying to decide if maybe it would be smart to keep the OE wheels for a winter set or if we should sell them on to someone else who needs a set?

Any ways, I think the wheels and tires you chose look right at home on the road warrior look and the color chose plays the part quite well.

Thanks a lot man! I use my OE wheels for winter, and having 2 sets make life so much more convenient. But winter for you doesn't mean the same thing; If I lived where you live, I'd have a much more difficult time justifying the expense of owning two sets of tires and rims.

Yeah getting that sidewall height down is a huge difference. And having smaller overall diameter might cost a bit of gas on the highway, but the tradeoff for a bit more acceleration is worth it for me.

They are really soft tires, and the treadwear is only 200. I know I'll be lucky to get more than 40 or 50k km on them, but man do they feel good. And the price was right; $480CAD installed and balanced.

Those rims have been that colour forever. The talon they were on was red, but the rims were all rashed up, so I decided to sand and paint them way back then. I chose the colour because it was cheap; they were clearing out all of the old near-match paint colours at Canadian Tire for $3 a can. Regular price was 10 bucks a can. I believe the colour is actually one of the factory body colours for late 80's Dodge Caravans lol.

It's discontinued now, and I've been out of that colour paint for a few years now so I can't touch up all of the chips anymore. So probably time to pick a new colour. Might just do them black next time. At least they won't discontinue black, lol.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!