Something messed up happened....

datechboss101

Reaction score
So today I was at the dealer trying to get some warranty work done and to see what else is wrong with my car (got the wheel bearings and rear door lock actuators done this past Tuesday at indie mech near my school), and something happened.... A salesperson driving a brand spanking new Honda from the new car lot to show to a customer hit my CG5. A few seconds later, the SA called us up and told us that a salesperson hit our car and that they are giving us a free loaner for a week. Few seconds later, the General Manager of the dealer came to us, and told us that they are going to repair the scratch, but wait for it.......

He also said that they are going to repair the entire front bumper, as there were paint chips from my dad using the car, as they want to repair at the same time.

So, now, I have to temporarily use my dad's 2016 Nissan Rogue SL (not the 2017 Acura MDX with Tech), because the dealer said that I am underage (when I am days away from turning 18) and gave my dad a brand spanking new 2018 Honda CRV LX in Lunar Silver Metallic.

Since, the dealer is paying for this repair, how much would this have cost me out-of-pocket, without insurance being involved? Insurance isn't involved in this case right now.

Accordx

Reaction score
So it's just paint damage? No dent or anything? I can't imagine it would be very pricey if this is the case

Accordx

Reaction score
I would almost consider buying a replacement bumper and getting it painted myself but I guess whatever option is cheaper.

datechboss101

Reaction score
I would almost consider buying a replacement bumper and getting it painted myself but I guess whatever option is cheaper.

Yep... I actually had plans to do touch-up paintwork on the entire car, as I wanted to vinyl wrap my CG since I will be driving on the highway a lot these next few years.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It probably would cost you more than it is costing them, which is why they're doing it.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
A lot of the cost is paint, and depending on the color can be very pricey. I say that because some of the Honda colors have more than 1 pearl added to them (driving up the price). Also, most Hondas came with PPG paint from the factory, which is a high end paint (but matches very well). As an example my son's 98 Civic is an Inca red color (again 1 of the highest cost colors) that has 3 different pearls mixed into it, and costs $178 a pint. Then there's reducers, and clear that you have to buy to go over the color. Note; you still have to do the body prep work (sanding and primers) before you can actually add color. This is all time consuming, and most body shops around here charge 65 to 85 an hour (depending on the shop) to do, which is why they prefer insurance work.

datechboss101

Reaction score
A lot of the cost is paint, and depending on the color can be very pricey. I say that because some of the Honda colors have more than 1 pearl added to them (driving up the price). Also, most Hondas came with PPG paint from the factory, which is a high end paint (but matches very well). As an example my son's 98 Civic is an Inca red color (again 1 of the highest cost colors) that has 3 different pearls mixed into it, and costs $178 a pint. Then there's reducers, and clear that you have to buy to go over the color. Note; you still have to do the body prep work (sanding and primers) before you can actually add color. This is all time consuming, and most body shops around here charge 65 to 85 an hour (depending on the shop) to do, which is why they prefer insurance work.
I would have gotten a new front bumper myself, but then, I got plans to get another vehicle and use my CG5 as my commuter/daily vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Plastic bumpers that at dented can't be fixed. They just buy a new one and paint it. My moms rear bumper cost around 1200 dollars to replace and paint. From the dealership

datechboss101

Reaction score
Plastic bumpers that at dented can't be fixed. They just buy a new one and paint it. My moms rear bumper cost around 1200 dollars to replace and paint. From the dealership

I'll see what the dealer's body shop really did with repainting the front bumper on Friday (probably tomorrow if things are done fast).

Back