Jeremy's Accord Coupe

Jeremy86

Reaction score
Originally I spent 6 months and way too much money prepping and painting my honda I used .004 holographic green metal flake over a black base coat and over the flake was 2 gallons of clear... so, in a nutshell, black base coat then flake/carrier coat's then tons of clear, now keep in mind I did not have my body kit yet OPPS!!! when I got my body kit I wanted a seamless look on my side skirts and my rear bumber and as many of you know body kits require TONS of shaping and sanding for a nice clean look, so I had to sand into my new green paint job at that point I said screw it I dont like this flashy flake green and sanded it all off and primed it grey, it sat grey for another 6 months as I contuinued to mod like an intercooler style bottem feed cold air intake, green led guage cluster conversion, installed a new exaust and kept my cat on, installed a 3 guage pillar pod that was a nightmare, a tacometer with shiftlight, upgraded all of my intirior speakers to polk audio, installed a amazon double din touchscreen sterio with backup camera, new timing belt, new water pump, complete cheap ebay coilover suspention in front and back. my pictures are super scattered but I will upload what I already have and I will upload what it looks like washed the next time this snow and crappy weather clears up, I ended up painting it with a roller and Rustoleum satin black for now ($20) so i can keep driving it without it rusting to death. This is my daily driver I drive it to work and back every day and honestly, I love it its a fun car

Specs: 1999 accord coupe 2.3l 4 banger with the f23a engine, 5 speed Manuel (stock internals....for now muahahahah)

I know im supposed to wait 7 days to post my pics but I'm impatient so if you want to see my progress pics just copy and paste this link into your address bar ibb.co/album/mhbfbF and il update this post with pics after my 7 days ;)

Ps. in a few pics i had my 4 lug to 5 lug adapters on with my Chrysler 300m wheels on just for fun if you were wondering in the primered shots i never drove it on the street with adapters but moved it around from the garage to my side driveway a few times like that lol.

((Updated pics from February 26th 2018))

view

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Originally I spent 6 months and way too much money prepping and painting my honda I used .004 holographic green metal flake over a black base coat and over the flake was 2 gallons of clear... so, in a nutshell, black base coat then flake/carrier coat's then tons of clear, now keep in mind I did not have my body kit yet OPPS!!! when I got my body kit I wanted a seamless look on my side skirts and my rear bumber and as many of you know body kits require TONS of shaping and sanding for a nice clean look, so I had to sand into my new green paint job at that point I said screw it I dont like this flashy flake green and sanded it all off and primed it grey, it sat grey for another 6 months as I contuinued to mod like an intercooler style bottem feed cold air intake, green led guage cluster conversion, installed a new exaust and kept my cat on, installed a 3 guage pillar pod that was a nightmare, a tacometer with shiftlight, upgraded all of my intirior speakers to polk audio, installed a amazon double din touchscreen sterio with backup camera, new timing belt, new water pump, complete cheap ebay coilover suspention in front and back. my pictures are super scattered but I will upload what I already have and I will upload what it looks like washed the next time this snow and crappy weather clears up, I ended up painting it with a roller and Rustoleum satin black for now ($20) so i can keep driving it without it rusting to death. This is my daily driver I drive it to work and back every day and honestly, I love it its a fun car

Specs: 1999 accord coupe 2.3l 4 banger with the f23a engine, 5 speed Manuel (stock internals....for now muahahahah)

I know im supposed to wait 7 days to post my pics but I'm impatient so if you want to see my progress pics just copy and paste this link into your address bar ibb.co/album/mhbfbF and il update this post with pics after my 7 days ;)

Ps. in a few pics i had my 4 lug to 5 lug adapters on with my Chrysler 300m wheels on just for fun if you were wondering in the primered shots i never drove it on the street with adapters but moved it around from the garage to my side driveway a few times like that lol.
WOW, that green really had a ton of flake in it. Nice looking ride, and it's cool that it's a daily driver. That 3 gauge cluster looks like it was a nightmare to set up.

datechboss101

Reaction score
That green does shine and nice body kit. Did you wrapped or paint or plasti-dipped the car?
Also, I saw a few pictures and was wondering what the f*** happened to the top portion of the steering wheel? Is it to give the car an F1 look?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA, make yourself at home. Saw the pictures of your Accord, and it was fun seeing the progress. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing next. Good luck with your next color of choice. And, please be extra careful with that steering wheel when you're :driving:.

Jeremy86

Reaction score
To Rusty Accord:

Thanks, man yeah the 3 gauge pillar pod was supposed to be as simple as fitting it over the original pillar cover and screwing it to the original but their template was WAY WAY off not even close I reshaped it with a heat gun but it was still way off so i had to slice and dice it then epoxy it to my original pillar cover then Bondo body fill it and sand 4-5 times then painted it... went from something that should have taken 30 min into a 3 day project -_- lol.

To datechboss101:

Thanks for the compliment :) the green was actualy a 3 stage paint process Step 1 was to prep car do body work and prime, step 2 spray black base coat to give the flake depth and better coverage (no sanding), step 3 mix green flake with binder / carrier clear and spray until satisfied (also no sanding) step 4 bury the flake in tons and tons of clearcoat then after a few day the wet sanding begins. i did try to carbon fiber wrap my hood but i failed lol i got about 90% don't and kept getting bind ups and wrinkles, and the steering wheel was just for fun since the actual rubber was falling off at the top i busted out the sawzaw and lopped it off but i plan on getting a nice quick release adapter and a new wheel in the next 2-3 weeks il make a youtube video of the process also if you want to see a video of when my honda was flake green look up this on youtube you cant miss it "My 1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.3 vtech green flake paint job" :)

To Sil2DrV6:

Yeah honestly its a major hazard and was a really bad decision on my behalf lol, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I plan on getting a new adapter and wheel very very soon i miss having a whole wheel on quick turns.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Can't imagine sanding and painting over that green after all the work and money it took to do it, must have been a hard decision. Or not haha. Anyway welcome and looking forward to pics.

Jeremy86

Reaction score
To RedRyder:

Yeah, it was a major bummer but the way the flake was applied it would have never looked right if I would have tried to respray the sanded areas after I shaved the body kit seams. I had about 6 months of weekend work and close to $800 in paint materials invested but I'm ok with it I just want it to be the way I vision it. and thanks for the welcome.

Jeremy86

Reaction score
Jeremy's 99 Coupe Update 02/26/18

20180226_173108.jpg

20180226_173119.jpg

20180226_173048.jpg

20180225_222922.jpg

20180225_222945.jpg

20180226_173145.jpg

added a few new things to the coupe..., 4 lug to 5 lug wheel adapters, 5 lug 17" 02 Chrysler 300m wheels and tires, tire size is 225/55/r17. it took me a ton of coil over adjusting in the rear and i had to shave down a few spots in the front fender wells to prevent rubbing, i know some of you are scratching your heads wondering why my tires are so big lol well i don't really drive my 300m that much anymore and it had new tires and almost new oem wheels so i figured i would save money for now by putting them on my daily driver and honestly i really like the aggressive mad max wheel look. added Ebay steering wheel adapter, quick release hub and steering wheel that is way safer than my homemade death trap bat wheel that was in there, i just got my XTD stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel in so il be trying to tackle that next.
hope you enjoy :)

Jeremy86

Reaction score
I purchased them about a year ago on eBay, I found them by searching 4 lug to 5 lug wheel adapters but make sure to get the right size and thickness. 4 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3mm is the size for my 99 2.3 4 cylinder but i think v6 was a 5 lug.

here's a link to determine your lug pattern and spacing.
https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Honda___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

if you need more help just let me know and il try to help.

P.S. when installing its kind of a pain in the butt, you have to swap out 1 wheel stud on each wheel with one of the longer studs that come in the kit, its easy on the front if you grind a tiny bit of the stud head flat on one side but the rear sucked since i have drum brakes in the back swapping studs what annoying... I'm planning on doing a disc brake conversion on the back soon.

Last edited:
Back