DIY 98-00 Cluster - white faces/red needles

00AccordGuy

Reaction score
I thought I had seen some on Ebay once, but when I check whitegauges.net, I don't see any. Not sure why they would only make a set for the V6.

Yeah its really lame, it should be even easier to make a manual version as we dont need the Gear Selector lights. I emailed them about week ago and havent heard back

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Strange, I had a good experience emailing with them. I would email them again or call them at 1-801-265-1100, or both.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Hate to bump this thread but today I'll be converting my needles to red thanks to this thorough DIY. I'm sick of orange..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^When you cut the tape along the edge of the needle with the x-acto, I recommend one constant forward motion, and not going up and down or forward/back. Otherwise the edges of the tape will be slightly jagged. You can’t tell unless you really close, but fyi.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
^When you cut the tape along the edge of the needle with the x-acto, I recommend one constant forward motion, and not going up and down or forward/back. Otherwise the edges of the tape will be slightly jagged. You can’t tell unless you really close, but fyi.

Thanks Chris. I feel like the toughest part will be cutting around the corners of the needle where it overlaps the black(round) base part.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^It's not too bad, if you just follow the amber lines and stay between that and the black plastic, there is actually a small groove you can feel and cut into to get the cut just right. It may take a few tries, but you'll get it with some patience and precision.

I need to update that second photo, I realized the tach overlay the sent did not have the cut out for the CEL, Maintenance Req'd, battery, etc lights, so I used the backing from the gas/temp overlay to make a template and cut out the bottom part of the tach overlay. I did email them about it and they sent me a new one, so maybe Whitegauges is now making their overlays with that cutout already there.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Chris,

Is this the same kind of tape you used?/will this work?
0000000038963.jpg

I'll be doing this when I put in my new LEDs

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I used tail light tape, yes. Not sure if it was that exact one, but I bought mine at Autozone or O'Reilly. I'm sure there's not much difference, if any, among tail light tape.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
I used tail light tape, yes. Not sure if it was that exact one, but I bought mine at Autozone or O'Reilly. I'm sure there's not much difference, if any, among tail light tape.

Sounds good, thanks. I hadn't heard of tail light tape before so I was just checking :hide:

Back