Howdy from Ct.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
It looks really good. You scored!

You can say that again. You definitely scored big time, even with the salvage title.

I personally think it'll do everything you were looking for without any trouble. Connie drives 200km a day on his, so you'll be just about right. :) Good luck with it and enjoy driving it.

pete c

Reaction score
I simply do not get the abandonment of MTs that seems to be going on today. Especially when they shift as sweetly as a Honda. They can have my manual shifter when they pry it from my cold dead hand! I am happy to say that my current fleet is 75% MT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete c

Reaction score
as best I can tell the frame is perfect. rear quarters are completely untouched. the rear bumper which is just sheetmetal to start with, was rusty. it crumpled into the trunk spare tire well without putting up much of a fight. The wheel well pushed in a bit, but i think it will tap back out pretty well. I have found a replacement bumper and cover in silver. Trunk alignment is a touch off, but it opens and closes fine.

Connie

Reaction score

It's better than Connie's arse end.
My trunk still opens and closes, too. Just cant put anything that shouldn't get wet in there anymore lol.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I simply do not get the abandonment of MTs that seems to be going on today. Especially when they shift as sweetly as a Honda. They can have my manual shifter when they pry it from my cold dead hand! I am happy to say that my current fleet is 75% MT.

I agree with you 100%. I think it's just laziness of the American buying public. I mean my wife can drive a stick (it wouldn't be pretty, but she could get me to the hospital), while a friends wife would let you die because she's never ever driven a stick, and doesn't want to learn. The scary part is I know quite a few people like that.
And I do agree with you, Honda MT's are probably the smoothest shifting MT's I've ever had in all my years of driving.

pete c

Reaction score
Well, I got it home yesterday. It drove just fine. No odd noises other than the warped rear rotor. I have the replacement rotors sitting in the car.

Thinks were a little more bent up than I had thought, but assuming it gets the blessing of the state inspectors, I am not too worried. Funny how you see more on a bright sunny day than on a dark cloudy one. I now see a slight bit of distortion in the driver's side quarter panel. I have pulled the bumper reasonably close to straight. Will get some pics up soon.

Last edited:

pete c

Reaction score
So, the "frame" rails are a bit tweaked. This was obvious once I pulled the loose sound deadening material off in the trunk. It is certainly fixable, the question is, is it fixable by me to the point of satisfying the state rebuilt title fairy. I am going to go to a local mechanic/body shop guy I know in town. If this thing can be made right for under a grand, I will do it, because this is certainly a 2500 dollar car. Beyond that, I don't know. If it is much worse, I will sell/part it out. Seems to be a shame to part out such a nice car. I drove it home, saturday, about an hour (shhhh, don't tell the law!!!), It drives like a new car. One thing I am certain of is that any frame issues start aft of the rear suspension subframe. I am certain it will check fine on the alignment rack. I will post some pics soon.

BTW, if there is anyone in the area interested in it, feel free to contact me.

pete c

Reaction score
Good news. I talked to the body shop guy. Showed him a pic. He says he can throw it on the rack and stretch it back into place. Says it won't be an "insurance job" meaning indistinguishable from new, but it'll be plenty good enough to get it through inspection. He guesstimated 350-400 bucks. I feel much better now. So instead of a very nice low mile coupe for 1200 bucks, I got a very nice low mile coupe for 1600. I'll take that anyday. I suspect I could sell it afterward for something approaching 3 grand. Not that I will.

Back