K24A swap

rando3000

Reaction score
I have a 2000 honda accord ex 4dr. Ive seen a few swaps here and there done to this car mostly the h22. I really love the car and there is nothing like a 4dr mom car beating a v8. Well the h22 seems a little outdated and is much easier to do in the 5th gens. Im thinking a k24 swap out of the acura tsx would be the swap of the century. My stepmom has one and the low end pretty much sucks on it (i think the f23 probaly has more low end) but once vtec switches over it jerks your damn neck like no other. The engine has so much potential waiting to be released. My question is has this swap been done before? And how hard could it be to do. I know fitting it in the engine bay is no issue considering the accords have plenty of room to work with (easiest car to work on ever). But what about the ecu/tranny etc etc. And im guessing you have to fab some engine mounts (that'll be a bitch) but if you know where to get them id like to know.

Sonnick

Reaction score
It's never been done to my knowledge..K24 block (tsx or 03+ accord 4cyl) with K20 head (rsx-s) would be nice..

Sonnick

Reaction score
Honestly tho...you could turbo for the amount you're gonna spend for the K24 swap..at least..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Sonnick said:
Honestly tho...you could turbo for the amount you're gonna spend for the K24 swap..at least..
not to mention the added cost of a tsx k24 vs an accord/element k24. an accord block with rsx-s head would be :thumbsup: but too much $$$

buy yourself a spare f23 and get to fortifying it :D

Nemo619

Reaction score
This is also a swap that I was thinking about. A K24A1 block out of a CRV , not to mention misclaneous parts off of the the K24A1, and the head of a K20A2. K24A1 block + K20A2 head = poor man's K24A2(TSX) engine. Through in a K20A2(RSX-S) 6spd manny, and there you go. You just have to overcome the computer and wiring. I can't remeber how HASPORT set theirs up, I think it is a piggy back setup. The other option is to try and source out a K24A2 engine w/6spd tranny. The problem that you'll face with the K24A2 is getting work with the throttle by wire drive system. I know that there is an Integra with a K24A2 engine and tranny swap. After all that, you still need the engine and transmission mounts.

Sonnick

Reaction score
I hope you realize how much money you are going to be spending..and how much more power you could have with that money from other options..

But if you do it, good luck man..that would be insane, and nobody has done that..so props to that :thumbsup:

Back