Thread: H22 Swap
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Drift should be someone you can trustDrift should be someone you can trust
Re: H22 Swap

Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
Wow didn't realize you got cams in there now. Congrats!

I wasn't aware the Type S cams have so much kick in them. The Skunks seem to better them only after 6800 rpm or so. I was planning to go with the tuner series stage2 but now I don't know, I don't really want to rev it in that range that much anyhow. I finally went to 7800 rpm a couple of times the other day after a year of having the swap done. It's most definitely addicting but I'll try to resist it in hopes of keeping the H longer. How about the midrange, why is there no gain over the S cams? Isn't your idle higher somewhat now?

Your dyno sure is a hearbraker btw. I might try a roller dyno next to see just how much they can vary. I was told mine shouldn't put down less than 190whp on any dyno, but we'll see, I seriously doubt it now ha ha

In unrelated news...my powersteering pump is whining tremendously, I ordered a 95 ps pump from Majestic and that thing doesn't fit. Lesson learned: 4th generation PS is different that 5th Gen PS. There are two theories here, 1 my engine is 5th gen - seriously doubt it, 2. the swap shop used a PS pump from a 5th gen H22. Either way I hope Majestic replaces it for me.
That graph was with a 2" collector. I have since changed my header collector to a 2.5" but I havent put the car back on the dyno. The small dip at 4100rpm is gone, and the torque should be well above the type s cams the rest of the way up the graph. That is speaking from the butt-dyno though, hopefully the real dyno can confirm that.

The low end torque is awesome though. It makes for such a great daily driver! I want to see 150ftlbs on our dyno though. Hopefully some cam gears can squeeze that out of those cams.

Originally Posted by Erik123456789 View Post
hey dude how much better r type s cams compared to the stock h22a4 ones? my bro has some and i might just trade him lol but is it worth it? or similar specs?
I never ran the a4 cams, so I cant comment on how they feel. But I can say that with a proper exhaust, you should be able to see 10-15ftlb of torque with the Type s cams. Maybe more with a tune, although I would never install something like that and not tuning for it after wards.

It takes like 3 hours to swap cams, just do it one day when he's at work.

www.Dentsport.com

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!