1/4 mile times

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
Sonnick said:
15.9 on 4cyl auto with i/h/e and 17s? I highly doubt that considering most v6's are around there with i/e

lovablettedy v6 or 4cyl?

i am a 4cyl vetc and i really did do a 15.9 i actually have the time slip in a album im keeping about my car. I will post it as soon as i get dsl or cable Internet right now i got dial up. but yes it is possible and i think if the star would have been better i would have gone maybe a 15.8 or 15.7. The track was very bad that day hardly any traction every car was not hooking up on the takeoff.

Sonnick

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:
i am a 4cyl vetc and i really did do a 15.9 i actually have the time slip in a album im keeping about my car. I will post it as soon as i get dsl or cable Internet right now i got dial up. but yes it is possible and i think if the star would have been better i would have gone maybe a 15.8 or 15.7. The track was very bad that day hardly any traction every car was not hooking up on the takeoff.
5spd?

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
Sonnick said:
hell yes would not have it any other way in my opinion honda auto tranys suck i dont like them at all cuz they are slugish. I like the feeling of been able to chose what gear i need to be in when ever i want. How about you what you got 4 or v6, manual or auto, and what mods do you got. Also whats your fastes time.

jackhunt321

Reaction score
stock f23 (1st Engine) I/H/E 50 shot of spray -15.4

F23(New motor/stock internals beside ARP headstuds and headgasket), T3 setup, AEM EMS, @5PSI 3" downpipe(open) -14.4

Now running at 9.0 PSI and yet to run it - I have it all done now, besides internals but tweeked to max power the ringlands can take. I have found that the nitrous on the F23 is VERY reliable. It now has a full 3" Mandrel Bent TIG welded exhaust, no cats, no resonators,Thermal R&D muffler at the end. FMIC, All the electronics any tuner could want, a stage 2 exedy w/ fridanza flywheel.

The F23's clutchs, stock, will not even hold the 75 shot of spray. 100 Shot on the spray at 140mph 5th gear IS FUN! The motor doesn't like that for more than about4-6 seconds though

You guys need to add some bottles in your cars. The F23 will take nitrous alllllllll day long on a 50 shot. The install is easy and w/ a fuel pump and clutch you could maybe crack low 14's. SPPPPRRRAAAYYYYY SIIIISSSAAAYYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till the EAST COUST MEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonnick

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:
hell yes would not have it any other way in my opinion honda auto tranys suck i dont like them at all cuz they are slugish. I like the feeling of been able to chose what gear i need to be in when ever i want. How about you what you got 4 or v6, manual or auto, and what mods do you got. Also whats your fastes time.
4cyl 5spd. I have a crappy exhaust and cone filter. Getting Tanabe SHM and Weapon R Secret Intake this week before the meet, I can't wait. And the 01-02 front bumper too..hehe. I havent ran the 1/4 yet but my car is quick for what it is. I beat the model before the 05 tiburon gt 6spd the other night by about a half car up to 120 and hung with a prelude from 20-80 then shut it down..I want to run bad and see how much my car picks up with the I/E

theaccordian

Reaction score
your posts make me want to forget bout my engine and just get a 5 spd conversion.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
your posts make me want to forget bout my engine and just get a 5 spd conversion.

hell yea you gots to get a 5 speed cuz autos im my opinion suck. Well at least in our cars cuz the 7 gen v6 auto is prety good it is very responsive. But i bet that the 6 speed is better.

theaccordian

Reaction score
reason why is 7th gen autos are 5 spd.we only have 4 gears to accelerate, so no matter how much whp im running, a 5 spd will still have the advantag

Power isnt everything, its how your gearing utilizes that power.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
reason why is 7th gen autos are 5 spd.we only have 4 gears to accelerate, so no matter how much whp im running, a 5 spd will still have the advantag

Power isnt everything, its how your gearing utilizes that power.

i agree with you 100% if you cant get that power to the ground then it si a waste of money and time.

Back