Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

james'99

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

^You probably know, but if not, OEM torque specs for lugnuts is 82 ft lbs. Anyway if I take my car in for anything wheel-related, I always request that they do not use an impact gun on the lugs b/c they always over tighten. Not to mention a gun is more likely to scratch the wheel.

Good points here. Yeah, you're right the OEM spec is lower than what I do. But yeah, as long as they are all even, brakes ware evenly and there is no real negatives. It isn't enough to screw up the wheel studs. Call me out if I'm wrong but I think I'm good on that. And yeah, at home, I'll run down with the impact but never let it get tight

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Anyway if I take my car in for anything wheel-related, I always request that they do not use an impact gun on the lugs b/c they always over tighten. Not to mention a gun is more likely to scratch the wheel.
+1. I used to ask for that. Currently, my wheel lugs are splinedrives + wheel locks, which require the adapter key tools for all of the lugs, and the adapters cannot be used w/ the impact wrench. ;)

Good question. I think it happens one of three ways:
- Someone finds the specs for the part and compares it to their OEM part.
- They work at a retailer/shop and can physically test fit the part on the car.
- They take a shot in the dark or obtain the part super cheap and get lucky that it fits.
I'd give them a huge prop, if they came up w/ the 3rd route haha. Sounds too awesome lol.

Two things I always remove when taking the car in, front lip and if the Works are on I switch to the A-specs which use OEM lugs.
Too bad that my BR poly-u front lip is mostly taped by 3M & screwed in haha. Maybe I should pull out my stock wheels 'n mount them w/ some cheep tires, just for this purpose to be somewhat hassle-free of being nervous. They've been sealed up in my garage for years..

One time I took it to a shop though and they got the side underspoiler with one of the lift pads. Luckily it just bent and did not crack, so I got a quote from my body guy and the shop gave me the money to have it repainted.
I guess you were even luckier that they actually admit their fault. Kindda makes me wanna remove my side skirts.. (That I can do, b/c mine are authentic pieces.)

When I had the Works wrapped in rubber I had them put new teeth on the tire mounting machine. I've never understood why auto service generally blows, you'd think the people working on cars are car guys, and usually car guys give a **** about others.
Agreed.. That's usually how it is. But I finally found the truly reputable shop for me; The owner / mechanic is my high school friend's cousin, and he is in my community. He listens to me & understands my OCD-ness very well. :)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Progress Technology rear anti-sway bar. Made for 2gen TL. Currently on the stiffer setting.

A car can be much more stable in the corner w/ a lot less body-roll as you go with a thicker bar, but I had second thoughts about jumping up immediately to the thickest 24mm. I almost didn't go this route, but it rides nice and works for me. :) Somebody was telling me that there was a chance lol. Feels like it's time to play around w/ my dampening settings on my Teins for a while to find out my preference.
b1afb5835a4801c7405e1d6e4fce6e50.jpg

Moog Problem Solver rear sway bar end links.
It has been discussed that there is no difference in performance between OEM's & Moogs, but the OEM links are not as durable as Moog's, and they tend to go bad in the process of its removal. My old OEM links were re-installed once, so it's time for a new beginning with these Moogs.
3844d0c69799ceca60dc1b5e9d827911.jpg

Was concerned about the clearance gap between the rsb and my 9GA y-pipe, but NP whatsoever lol. The y-pipe is realigned to sit perfectly horizontal as of now. BIG props to my mechanic b/c it must've been a little PITA sometimes to complete this custom work. :hail:
d3a2ed1a76b93c89c4e1324879b41586.jpg

Just drove the car from the shop to my house, and felt what 7mm thicker bar can do. This is great. The thickest rsb ftw. Car feels more ridged and attached to the ground surface especially on a straight line at speed on the freeway, but w/o a big change in the ride quality on my suspension. It collects more information on the road in a nice firm way, but it's a good feeling w/o being harsh 'n discomforting, and I feel safer. :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Noticed some squeaking noise, coming from my front suspension, and found out that my tie rod boot was torn.

9878fbb7e1d788ba216677d9c1d0687c.jpg

Had the boot replaced with the brand new piece. It's not from Honda, and it's EMPI. Never heard it before, and I liked going w/ the OEM's in terms of its quality, but I ended up w/ this since the shop highly recommended. Will see how it is.
f74ce9bc344555f890201b6a5b49f30a.jpg

http://www.empius.com/acatalog/aboutempi.html
Well, 30 years of their business should prove it's quality, and they know what they're doing, I suppose.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Oh, forgot to mention that.

Well, the noise is still there...

It used to be constant but, for some reasons, it stopped right before dropping it off at the shop for the service lol. He replaced the damaged boot, and I test drove it afterwards w/ him, but the noise was gone at that time.

It's happening off and on as of now, so I need to stop by at the shop when it's doing it. My car has a casual attitude sometimes haha.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

^ Oh, forgot to mention that.

Well, the noise is still there...

It used to be constant but, for some reasons, it stopped right before dropping it off at the shop for the service lol. He replaced the damaged boot, and I test drove it afterwards w/ him, but the noise was gone at that time.

It's happening on and off as of now, so I need to stop by at the shop when it's doing it. My car has a casual attitude sometimes haha.

Cars suck. Lol!

JV6

Reaction score

Progress Technology rear anti-sway bar. Currently on the stiffer setting.

A car can be much more stable in the corner w/ a lot less body-roll as you go with a thicker bar, but I had second thoughts about jumping up immediately to the thickest 24mm. I almost didn't go this route, but it rides nice and works for me. :) Somebody was telling me that there was a chance lol. Feels like it's time to play around w/ my dampening settings on my Teins for a while to find out my preference.
IMAG5311_zpsdeuahvoo.jpg

Moog Problem Solver rear sway bar end links.
It has been discussed that there is no difference in performance between OEM's & Moogs, but the OEM links are not as durable as Moog's, and they tend to go bad in the process of its removal. My old OEM links were re-installed once, so it's time for a new beginning with these Moogs.
IMAG5247_zps5v7ogvkh.jpg

Was concerned about the clearance gap between the rsb and my 9GA y-pipe, but NP whatsoever lol. The y-pipe is realigned to sit perfectly horizontal as of now. BIG props to my mechanic b/c it must've been a little PITA sometimes to complete this custom work. :hail:
IMAG5314_zps0kwsgd3t.jpg

Just drove the car from the shop to my house, and felt what 7mm thicker bar can do. This is great. The thickest rsb ftw. Car feels more ridged and attached to the ground surface especially on a straight line at speed on the freeway, but w/o a big change in the ride quality on my suspension. It collects more information on the road in a nice firm way, but it's a good feeling w/o being harsh 'n discomforting, and I feel safer. :)

Damn that's a clean fitment under there, rsb and axle back line up pretty nice

Back