Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Points: 2,972, Level: 15 Points: 2,972, Level: 15 Points: 2,972, Level: 15
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Enne is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Enne's 1989 Honda Prelude Si 2.0 4WS

Having the motor and transmission mounts, MAP sensor, EGR valve gasket, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, and coolant temp sensor installed. Then inspection.

Update: They said the first and third injectors are leaking. And that the second one was replaced somewhat recently. So I am having 1, 3 & 4 replaced and all of them are getting new seals. Since they are letting me split my bill into payments I don't mind paying a bit more for them to order those parts in... I'd rather get something like leaking injectors replaced ASAP than save a few bucks and wait.

He passed inspection and everything is installed, except the one motor mount. Jared (service writer) said it didn't fit. He said it might've been the wrong part. So I'll be returning that one to RockAuto. I'll get a replacement and get that installed, eventually... He said the old one was not torn or in poor condition so it would be fine to put it back in. Otherwise everything is good.

Drove him to work this morning. It doesn't shake anymore! No more bad vibes lol. At least, not any worse than any other 29 year old car. This is a huge improvement.

He did take a bit to turn over this morning (maybe two seconds instead of half a second, lol) but it might be the battery. I think it might be too small. I will look into how big of a battery I can put into him. Someone here mentioned it can take a larger one, but I forget the size they said. It doesn't seem to be doing that "vibrate to the rhythm of the turn signals" thing anymore but I'll keep an eye on it. No more strong fuel smell either!

I was contacted by Regular Car Reviews about the Prelude a few days ago. In talking with them, they said they're looking to schedule in May. I told them I'm planning on doing body work and paint after May, so if they want to see it before then, I'm free this month. But if they wanna see it all fixed up and new looking it'll be at least a month or two.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!