Sino's 1999 Accord EX Sedan 5MT (56k)

Sino

Reaction score
Working on editing the pdf for a 5th gen prelude service manual I found so that it has navigation links like ours does. Makes it so much easier to look something up when you don't have to scroll through each page individually.

Sino

Reaction score
After 100k miles and some sporadically crappy gas mileage of late I'm replacing my O2 sensor. Having found some ebay one laying around that my brother had bought for his 5th gen, I figured I'd try it before buying one. Seemed perfect until actually driving to work this morning when as soon I got around 2k in 3rd, no further power was forthcoming. Had to pull over a couple of times to let people pass, I could barely do 20. Eventually I figured out I could force speed by pulsing the accelerator over and over. Oddly enough after a short while it started behaving normally. Same thing on the way home.

Long story short, Amazon's bringing me a Denso one on Wednesday lol

Sino

Reaction score
I've since found the same book form PDF manual for our Accords. The SM I've been using also has all the bulletins with corrections so I think I'll give it the same kind of links I gave the Prelude one and also correct all the mistakes per the Honda bulletins. After seeing how many there are I've always been scared to hell of torquing something wrong because of it.

Sino

Reaction score
After refreshing the door jam arms and bar end caps for my roof rack with black plastidip, I think I'd like to try dipping the chrome window trims sometime.

Sino

Reaction score
Two years! Since I last posted, my Accord still burns oil, has had the exhaust rot apart at the cat's flange, has one re-done HID retrofit headlight, and is now severely gutted as I tried to figure out why my entire carpet was completely waterlogged. I've since confirmed that both sunroof drain tubes have apparently shrunk in the 20 years since they were installed, and no longer even reach the grommets. Discovering this has put me not very far into fixing it, since there is absolutely no room to maneuver around the dash support.

In better news, I bought last year a humble E92 328xi and am in the process of squeezing a bit more power out of the last hurrah for BMW's NA inline 6 engine.

Sino

Reaction score
Finally got both new sunroof drain tubes in, now I can start putting her back together. Going to try washing the carpet in the bathtub today.

I had driven it for a bit before parking it and disconnecting harnesses (considering the shrunken drain tube was pouring rain and snow melt directly on the wiring) and in the rain was hilarious. It sounds like you're driving through a waterfall all the time.

Sino

Reaction score
Got the car just about all together again yesterday. Just need to wash (and look for replacements for) the center console inserts that I ruined a few years ago with too strong a cleaner; they're now sticky and attract all the crap. Also haven't been able to align the trim that goes around the trunk/gas flap release handle correctly. Monday it goes for inspection sticker, and will be my DD again while I do an intake/intake manifold swap and tune on my BMW. The characteristics of each car's manual transmission are so completely different it'll take some getting used to since the Honda's been down for a couple of months.

Back