Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Thank you so much for such kind comments, gentlemen! I'm glad that this upgrade is contributing to some of you folks' ideas for upgrading your system in the future. :)

its not slammed and stuff but its clean af and its really like an OEM+ haha Everything is done clean, even the BBS wheels look similar to the OEM wheels you had lol good job man!
Thanks, Derek. I remember I mentioned this to Mikey once but, I wanted to get a set of wheels that were looking close to my stock wheels. I almost chose the Acura A-spec wheels but I was still being undecided until I saw this.

IMAG1321_zpsfec50886.jpg

Was hell of an inspiration. Lol Then, the BBS CF was the closest one to that haha.

With how wildly popular the whole stance fad is, unfortunately sometimes that's all some voters look at when ROTM rolls around and a lot of cars that are deserving of a win don't get enough recognition. There's so much more to a car than fitment, and Richard's car is a perfect example. This coupe displays a level of attention to detail and quality at levels I've seen with few other 6GA's. I'd love to see this car adorn our front page.

My opinion. :)
Wow, thank you for admiring my mods, Chris. Stanced cars look cool, but it's just not practical to me, when I want to drive my car everywhere. It's not like I drive aggressively most of the time, but I just don't have any patience to drive slow 'n avoid scraping the car, or being okay with it, all the time haha. You know by now that I'm ridiculously anal about my car, but I just love working on small mods; It is merely self-pleasing stuff. Lol Thank you again; I hope I can earn this one day, and give shout-out to everyone how much this community has helped me and my car. And, contribute back to them in return. ;)

I like the stance scene (obviously) but Richard's car is 100x better than mine. The only person that would say differently is a 15 year old. Every mod on his car is done right the first time so he doesn't have to do it again. He's the measure twice cut once kind of guy while the stance guys are a guess and check (most of the time).
Thank you, Jordan. Oh, c'mon stop that. Lol 100x is a lil too much haha. I love your sedan. I believe "age doesn't matter, when it comes to be a car-enthusiast" and, being your age, you have a very nice taste on your mods and ideas for your car. I was never at your level, when I was at your age. ← And, the internet wasn't quite there yet either haha. I see some tastefully modded 6gens on the forum, like yours at your age, and I'm truly amazed by them. Well, actually, I usually end up measuring waaay more than twice before I cut once. Lol Sometimes it's ridiculous tho. Otherwise, it didn't take 8 years for me to upgrade my exhausts haha. I LOVE researching for ideas & deciding on parts for a considerable amount of time, long enough so I don't get any remorse. (The longer the time, the more money can be saved, too!) To me, it's fun to spend a long time on that. It's kinda like choosing what to wear your shoes 'n clothes on a date with a girl, rather than asking someone what to wear.

That back end looks really good with the 9thgen mufflers man!
Thanks, James! Hey, don't forget to lmk when you're gonna come down to Seattle next time! If it's Sat, I can always swing by and say hello to you 'n your IS. ;)

IMAG5141___zpsj7yspnmn.jpg

I thought I was happy with the mufflers that came with my '99. I'll definitely be keeping this in mind as a possible upgrade. Looks beastly. I'd just be scared to scraped them down the highway. lol
That's good to know, Varnell. :thumbsup: Yep, looks aftermarket-ish, yet still Honda genuine. :) Mufflers can be mounted higher than how I have them now, depending on the length of the hangers. (My hangers are 6GA OEM custom-welded to the mufflers.) Your main concern will be the Y-pipe's ground clearance, which you might want to have it custom made, but the Y-pipe can also achieve a higher clearance if you weld / secure the pipe with an angled piece of a metal clamp.

Looking good! Next time bring it by my garage. I can TIG weld anything you need over here ;)
Thanks, Alex! Oh, so you moved into a different place right? That's sweet! Thanks for the invitation. :D Gotta check out your new place, sometimes! It's been a while since we went to the sushi place, too.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Brahhhh, im loving that 9thgen mufflers. I would def go these route if i ever get rid of my ws2.

Looking good as always.
:thumbsup:

Good to hear that, bud. Not only the beefy muffler tips, but the canisters are slightly visible, below the rear bumper lip from the side view, which makes it more aggressive. I'll take some pics of that. ;)

Thanks!

Gonna wash the car, and take some pics w/ the decent camera if time allows. :)

Finally had a chance to take some better quality pics than the previous pic.

Here're the ones that I was telling Michael about.
IMG_0355__zpswzc9qqyw.jpg

IMG_0353__zpsgfcolauk.jpg

Wasn't really a pretty place for a shoot, but oh well.
IMG_0343__zpswcyovvjo.jpg

IMG_0359__zpssvtji6w2.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Wal-Mart? Looks exactly like where I park my car when I go there. Haha! Car is lookin' great!
That was taken at the back lot of a local drug store lol. (Was a guy out there on his break, smoking a cigarette, seeing me taking pics 'n asking me if I was trying to sell the car lol.) Thanks!

Got unexpected souvenirs from my wife's friend from Japan last night.

French Fry To-Go Cup Holder. LOL.
IMAG33231_zpsa3da39e9.jpg

↑
 ↑
I don't know If I'll use this a lot, but this could be very popular in U.S. Don't you think so, guys?
Finally had a chance to use this for the first time! :chewie:
IMAG5161_zpsy5me3fvn.jpg

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Been wanted to try this thing, ever since I read about it on some car magazines in JPN. Castrol Engine Shampoo Engine oil sludge remover.

IMAG4671_zps6a928d3b.jpg

IMAG4672_zpsa8dfd5be.jpg

IMAG4673_zps9a1dcfb4.jpg

It cleans up the engine oil sludge by simply adding it from the oil filler right before the oil change, let the engine run in idle for 10 min, and perform the oil change.

Test drove it, and the car seems to accelerate way smoother than before. Was hoping for the engine to become quieter, but kindda hard to tell on that, since it was raining hard all day. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some better gas mileages, but we'll see.

More stuff coming out soon!

How did this thing work out? Is this kind of like using seafoam in the oil? Cant find it anywhere online :(

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

LOL Best mod I've seen yet :henry: I had no idea that was even a thing
Pretty funky thing, right?? I think it would be a smash hit, if this was available in U.S. Lol.

How did this thing work out? Is this kind of like using seafoam in the oil? Cant find it anywhere online :(
It worked fine. I mean, didn't notice a huge difference, but I take it as a good thing, because my engine might not have been so dirty inside. MPG didn't really change either.

A regular engine-flush service at a shop will do the job, but I thought it was a cool thing (and cheaper than the flush service) so I just bought it, when I was visiting Japan last yr.

Your best bet is to search it in Rakuten Global Market, which is one of the major Japanese online store's international version (for us to purchase JDM stuff online to your door). I did a quick search on it, but it wasn't available, but it might pop up in the future though. Besides, you might find some other JDM stuff that interests you, so check it out sometimes. ;) (Hey, you might be able to find that French fry holder LOL.)

phi1542

Reaction score

Pretty funky thing, right?? I think it would be a smash hit, if this was available in U.S. Lol.

It worked fine. I mean, didn't notice a huge difference, but I take it as a good thing, because my engine might not have been so dirty inside. MPG didn't really change either.

A regular engine-flush service at a shop will do the job, but I thought it was a cool thing (and cheaper than the flush service) so I just bought it, when I was visiting Japan last yr.

Your best bet is to search it in Rakuten Global Market, which is one of the major Japanese online store's international version (for us to purchase JDM stuff online to your door). I did a quick search on it, but it wasn't available, but it might pop up in the future though. Besides, you might find some other JDM stuff that interests you, so check it out sometimes. ;) (Hey, you might be able to find that French fry holder LOL.)

Yeah so many people would have that LOL

I used seafoam in my engine and it did a similar thing. It also got rid of my CEL which was great haha So i guess I'll just sick with that or some other oil treatment. Its similar to that because you just add some to your oil and drive for like 100 miles or so then change the oil. I had a noticeable difference driving and it was a lot more smooth. V6 MPG was still killer haha I dont think anything will change that!

Do you visit japan a lot? Like all of your stuff seems to be straight from there hahaha or do you order it all online. I'll save that site if i need anything in the future lol thanks!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yeah so many people would have that LOL

I used seafoam in my engine and it did a similar thing. It also got rid of my CEL which was great haha So i guess I'll just sick with that or some other oil treatment. Its similar to that because you just add some to your oil and drive for like 100 miles or so then change the oil. I had a noticeable difference driving and it was a lot more smooth. V6 MPG was still killer haha I dont think anything will change that!

Do you visit japan a lot? Like all of your stuff seems to be straight from there hahaha or do you order it all online. I'll save that site if i need anything in the future lol thanks!
I go there about once a year. Yep, I get most of my stuff when I go there. My parents live there, and they come in to see me from time to time, so if there's something I REALLY want, I can order it online 'n have it shipped to their house so they can bring it to me here. (They're getting old, so I can't ask them to bring in a bulky stuff, like a strut tower bar lol.)

I do use Rakuten Global sometimes. It's nice that the site is in English, but if you ever have trouble reading JPN words on a product label in their pic description, feel free to lmk. ;)

Back