DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Yah, try rechecking the way you connected the wires to the switch pins, make sure they are correct. So your fogs never worked at all? Even with the civic switch? If they worked with the civic switch.. then you must have wired the OEM switch wrong. Recheck it.

C_S_L

Reaction score
They work right out of the box. nothing wrong with them cept the minor wiring that I did. They work when I had the civic harness and they work now with my own wiring. Honestly I dont wanna redo the wiring again cause it was PITA.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ok... So if they work with the civic switch and harness, but not OEM switch, then you need to recheck how you wired up your OEM switch :coffee:.

Crown - I have not had time to take off my bumper and look at the trigger wire for ya, but I will try to make time tomorrow. Work has been kicking my a$$, and school right after that so timeframe is small for me. I should have more time tomorrow, when I'm not taking care of my 8 month old sister, or when she's sleeping haha.. I have not forgotten.

C_S_L

Reaction score
Alright this is not getting anywhere. They WORK as of right now with the OEM switch. Im just going to let it be. No more tinkling with it. :beer2: thanks for the input guys.

thecrown59

Reaction score
Its cool man... im the same way with school, work, and other things that pop up..
thanks for the heads up tho..

sucks u cant get it to work C_S_L .. but i cant be like that .. i'm kinda of a perfectionist.. even with the fogs(they dont fit flush so im bonding em and making em apart of the bumper)

havnt seen that done yet so i kinda thought it would be a good project.. I might start a trend..lol

Last edited:

98-EX-Leather

Reaction score
hello everyone.. i have an OEM 99 honda accord V6 fog switch with harness and enough wire...
i forgot to take a pic of the civic fog light harness and switch, but will do it tomorrow

here some pics:
img1238554840854.jpg

img1238554843526.jpg

98-EX-Leather

Reaction score
k before i cut any wires i wanted to make sure which wires go with each...cause per the diagram the colors are not matching up..

heres some pics of the civic fog harness and the oem accord fog harness..side by side
thanks in advance..

img1238642824793.jpg

img1238642825298.jpg

Angel Jr.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Copied from page 1:

46852964cm5.jpg

img1238642824793.jpg

1) Keep your eye on those pictures side-by-side.
Forget the colors of the wires, except black (top) and red (bottom), for now for the sake of orientation.

2) Now splice black/red & blue wire of your OEM switch pigtail together.

3) Now we have our 4 needed wires on OEM switch, and we can begin splicing it into civic harness.

Wire combination goes as follows:
Civic : OEM
Black : Black
Red (with orange stripe) : Green

Black/red : Black/red (with blue spliced in)
Red : Red

4) Splice it up, and voila!

5) Please rep if this helps and works for you :thumbsup:.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Weird, mine are the other way around...

It don't really matter lol, the slots are interchangable.

The only exclusive slot is the far right one, and that one is for the sunroof switch, if applicable, which is slightly diffferent fit than the cruise and fog switches.

Back