F23a1 VS. H22 Intake mani.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Facepalm.jpg

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
Wow sorry to say this but you are one rude person. So by your standards everyone should know ever single thing about these cars. I figure it is a legitimate question just as there is differences between the h23a and h23a1. There is differences between the f23ax exhaust manifolds and cylinder heads so why is it not reasonable to believe there might be a difference in the intake manifolds as well. There is f series motors that are DOHC and SOHC. There is so many differences between all honda motors, some subtle and not. All questions are legitimate questions. I dont pretend to be an expert on honda's but I can school you on a thing or two about SBF and SBC. I dont see how the question goes in circles if the first question was specific to if a certain manifold will fit an f23a1 then the second was to an f23a4 for any DOHC manifolds.

This is a website and forum for people to ask questions and learn. If you have something knowledgeable to add go ahead, but dont sit behind a computer ridiculing people for asking questions that to them are legitimate and to you may seem common knowledge.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Okay here is me being knowledgable. f23a1 is vtec, f23a4 is ulev vtec and F23a5 is non vtec. The h22 IM will not fit the f23a1 which is the vtec head. The f23a4 is the ulev vtec which means that it is ultra low emissions, and from my understanding, the exhaust manifold is different, along with the upstream o2 sensor in order to comply whith the ulev standards (I think the Ulev sensor is a wideband sensor). So with that being said, no, the h22 IM will not fit on the f23a4.

But since I'm a very rude person, why the **** would Honda redesign the head of the f23a4 and make such drastic changes between that of the f23a1 and the f23a4? It's common sense that they wouldn't change the bolt pattern and design of an engine head to obtain lower emissions .. but honestly, I'm not rude .. It's just common sense man.

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
Okay here is me being knowledgable. f23a1 is vtec, f23a4 is ulev vtec and F23a5 is non vtec. The h22 IM will not fit the f23a1 which is the vtec head. The f23a4 is the ulev vtec which means that it is ultra low emissions, and from my understanding, the exhaust manifold is different, along with the upstream o2 sensor in order to comply whith the ulev standards (I think the Ulev sensor is a wideband sensor). So with that being said, no, the h22 IM will not fit on the f23a4.

But since I'm a very rude person, why the **** would Honda redesign the head of the f23a4 and make such drastic changes between that of the f23a1 and the f23a4? It's common sense that they wouldn't change the bolt pattern and design of an engine head to obtain lower emissions .. but honestly, I'm not rude .. It's just common sense man.

There you see, was that so hard. That was knowledgable, common knowledge for you may not be common for others is all I am trying to say. For instance, it is pretty common knowledge among the Mustang community that an explorer rear carrier is 31 spline and is a good upgrade to any pre 05 mustang. It is also commong knowledge that the explorer uses gt40 heads and intake which are a great cheap upgrade for GT mustangs. You can use the axles from a ranger which are 31spline in a fox rear end along with the 31 spline carrier but not in anything later.

The point I am trying to make is that this is an online community where people come to learn and ask questions and share info. There is no need to post pictures making fun of people for asking questions that seem legit to them. Thank you and have a good day, lol.:smash:

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
For the record this is the statement that confused me from the OP. It states the F22b1-2 intakes are the same as all the f23x intakes and then states the DOHC non vtec f22b and h23 intakes will bolt up with the f22x SOHC engines. Now reading this wouldnt you think the h23 and f22b intake would bolt up to an f23 as well?

Now, according to my Knowledge, The F22B1-2 VTEC manifold Is the EXACT same intake manifold as the F23a1-5 Vtec and Non Vtec.

The F22B (Jdm DOHC NON VTEC engine) Has the Exact same manifold as the H23 dohc NON VTEC. (I dont believe they fit Vtec heads, But i am pretty sure they bolt up to the Sohc non-vtec F22x)

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
For the record this is the statement that confused me from the OP. It states the F22b1-2 intakes are the same as all the f23x intakes and then states the DOHC non vtec f22b and h23 intakes will bolt up with the f22x SOHC engines. Now reading this wouldnt you think the h23 and f22b intake would bolt up to an f23 as well?

Okay, i see what you're saying there. When i put F22x Sohc, I mean Specifically NON-VTEC F22a1-6 and so on. The F22b1-2 is a Sohc Vtec that shares the same manifold as the F23a1-5. That is basically the only manifold you can get on that engine (the one with close exhaust ports, 0-00-0. Easiest way to explain it.)

The H23 Non vtec dohc and F22b (Just B, it has no number) Dohc Non vtec Should Fit the F22a1-6 Non vtec SOHC engines. (With Exhaust ports spread, 0-0-0-0.)

H-series and F20b DOHC Vtec Intake manifolds only fit H-series Vtecs. (I am pretty certain)

Last edited:
Back