Heater not hot!

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
k so just wondering if you guys would know whats wrong with my accord. After my car has warmed up and I turn on the heat its actually cold air still coming out of the vents but when i rev the car or drive it the air gets warm. still not warm like it use to get but it definately goes from blowing cold air to warm air when the revs are up. Any idea what it could be?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
radiator topped off? check that first..

cause if the car heats up...if theres not enough hot radiator fluid going through the heater core...your heater core won't get hot...and your air won't get hot

Last edited:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
thats usually the way it works with my car... heat wont get warm right away, it will only get warm after i start driving for a bit. even though it goes through the heater core, it takes some time to get it going and usually when fluid is circulated, its good to go..

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
i just topped off the fluid...it was still in between the mi nand max tho...the thing is even after my car gets warm and then i drive and the air gets warmer when i come to a stop at an intersection or just idle my car the air gets cold again even after my car is warmed up and thne when i accelerate the air gets warm again.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
is there a leak somewhere? same thing happened to me when i had a leak on my radiator upper hose

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So..you're only getting warm air out of the vents when driving, not when idling in park or at a stop?

Does warm air come out of all the vents?

finch13

Reaction score
Try changing the thermostat, these are all symptoms of a stuck/partial/non opening...

And get a Honda one, they open up at the correct temperature.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thermostat

my car does it too...its not "terrible" but another thing that could use fixing like an a/c recharge among other things. its just not to the point where i care to fix it...

Back