RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

I highly recommend these seats, they bolt right in.
But do they wire right up? That's the important question, lol. How are you coming on that btw?

Horns looks good. Different, with the red, but still good. So glad the newer horns are PnP. What VW did the knobs come out of? Any modification of were they just R&R?

I'm not on much(blame work and the FB page, lol). I'm always keeping my eye open for a newer TL or G8 or something. I'd even rock an 0203 TL-S if she was minty. Working on possibly buying a house so the next 6 months will be a financial rollercoaster. Once the dust clears, I can work on better job/car. I'm in love my retro a lot more now thanks to the Amber LEDs I bought. I also have a set of sidemarkers I need to install when I muster up the guts to cut my fenders. Otherwise, nothing beyond standard maintenance.

Keep up the good work and if you don't see me around, FBM me or even text. And buy some damn EDM tails already. :p

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Define “wire right up” :lawl:

Short story long: I don’t want to cut up/splice the seat harness plugs that hang from the seats, so I’ve been trying to find the other side of the seat harness or even just the pigtail for a 2003 (the plugs differ from 01-03, don’t ask me why) so I can just have the correct plug to connect to the seat harness plug, then splice the necessary connections with the pigtail. If that makes sense. Anyway I think I’ve sourced a couple, so when I receive those I can get on with it. The goal was to have them wired up for winter, but with my daughter and all I just haven’t gotten around to it. I am going to use the heat and power, but not the memory. The other challenge is I’m not a wiring guy, I have trouble deciphering wiring diagrams, knowing what the symbols mean, etc. On one diagram the wires just go to the side of the diagram, and there’s nothing…so I don’t know where they’re going or what they’re connected to. Pretty frustrating. But I’m going to get it done lol.

I can’t remember the car I pulled the cc knobs from, I’ve been checking all Audi’s and VW’s when I go to the yard to find them again. I had to sand the bottom down to get the middle hole to grab enough of the metal shaft. :rolleyes:

The one thing I have made headway on is wiring up a 04-08 TL highmount LED brakelight. Excited to get that done.

I remember you saying you were looking for another car. I’m always looking even though it’s not my time yet lol. I like the G8 too, even though the interior isn’t fantastic.. I had ruled out V8’s for a while because mpg, but then I realized I could just drive the Accord some days to break it up. So kind of excited that maybe I will get a V8 car afterall. I still like the 02-03 TL-S, sometimes I wish I had swapped into one of those, then I’d already have a 4dr, so I could get an e46 M3, which is what I really want but was only made in 2dr. :mad: But I guess since I’m a dad now I’m supposed to drive a sedan. :lawl: But yeah, the 02-02 TL-S w/OEM lip kit is a great looking car, that green one your buddy has is rare.

Best of luck with the house buying, I sent Jon a list of tips and stuff if you want it. I hope you can find what you want, having a house is a lot of work but it’s awesome.

I never go on the FB page, maybe because I don’t use FB itself that much. Is it just people BS’ing and posting pics?

Off to check out pics of your retros

Mikey

Reaction score

That's weird that the different gen years would have different plugs. I'd almost say try and see if you could find just the pigtails online somewhere. Like acuramotorsonline or whatever that site is. Hopefully that plays out easier than you think. Some days I'd like a power passenger seat but other days I wish mine was manual. I feel like I sit up much higher in it than in the passenger seat and truth be told I kinda like sitting lower lol.

Excited to see/hear about that high mount. Figured you'd go that route. A lot of newer high end cars have it and I really like them. If I ever do my trunk swap I'd like to go that route as well.

I don't think I'd keep the accord if I got something else. It'd help fund the new car and having a new house AND a project car probably wouldn't be smart. Not unless I found a job that could allow me to afford it. I'd go newer(0203) if I went that gen TL-S. And I'd definitely rock the oem lip kit. I like the UA TL-S but they're getting older as well and most are either molested or very high miles. I like the G8 because, if I absolutely had to, I could get it in a v6(the atrocity!) but the v8 would ways be an option. That and every time I see one they're being driven by an older person and they're bone stock.

I'm taking all the advice I can get on buying a house, lol! We were initially looking at existing houses in our budget but the more we looked and the more we talked with our realtor and builders, we think building will/would be the best idea for us. Theres a program that's helping(read; GIVING) first time buyers with a 20% down. The only catch is we have to live in/own the home 10 years. If it's a new build we can do that! Lol. Plus we'll get a few things we want and the builder is a real nice guy.

Yeah I'm growing tired of facebook. If I weren't so far from friends and family and I saw them on a relatively regular basis, I would've written it off a long time ago. And anymore the 6G page has become troll and noob central. So I avoid it unless I don't have to.

Sorry to plug up your RT, lol. Glad things are still on the up and it sounds like life in general is still treating you well. :)

Brad2274

Reaction score

Seats are a nice addition chris! curious to see how that brake light comes out.
"wire right up" reminds me of when people ask if the dashboard is plug n play or easy wiring :lawl:
If im in a position to buy a wrecked cls6 and have a different dd i honestly would consider swapping out all the wiring a module(and i mean everything from the exhaust to tcs and interior harnesses) so i can add mods/ecu additions/etc according to one car not a mixture of the two lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

That's weird that the different gen years would have different plugs. I'd almost say try and see if you could find just the pigtails online somewhere. Like acuramotorsonline or whatever that site is. Hopefully that plays out easier than you think. Some days I'd like a power passenger seat but other days I wish mine was manual. I feel like I sit up much higher in it than in the passenger seat and truth be told I kinda like sitting lower lol.

Excited to see/hear about that high mount. Figured you'd go that route. A lot of newer high end cars have it and I really like them. If I ever do my trunk swap I'd like to go that route as well.

I don't think I'd keep the accord if I got something else. It'd help fund the new car and having a new house AND a project car probably wouldn't be smart. Not unless I found a job that could allow me to afford it. I'd go newer(0203) if I went that gen TL-S. And I'd definitely rock the oem lip kit. I like the UA TL-S but they're getting older as well and most are either molested or very high miles. I like the G8 because, if I absolutely had to, I could get it in a v6(the atrocity!) but the v8 would ways be an option. That and every time I see one they're being driven by an older person and they're bone stock.

I'm taking all the advice I can get on buying a house, lol! We were initially looking at existing houses in our budget but the more we looked and the more we talked with our realtor and builders, we think building will/would be the best idea for us. Theres a program that's helping(read; GIVING) first time buyers with a 20% down. The only catch is we have to live in/own the home 10 years. If it's a new build we can do that! Lol. Plus we'll get a few things we want and the builder is a real nice guy.

Yeah I'm growing tired of facebook. If I weren't so far from friends and family and I saw them on a relatively regular basis, I would've written it off a long time ago. And anymore the 6G page has become troll and noob central. So I avoid it unless I don't have to.

That’s weird you sit higher in the driver seat? Is it lowered all the way down? I never put people in my back seat, so I won’t mind having passenger electric.

Not sure I could sell my Accord, I’ll never mod another car as deeply as I have this one. But maybe. Either way I’ve already accepted the fact that my next car will put me in debt. :lawl: 02-03 TL lip kits are just as or more elusive than the 6GA 98-00 OEM lip kits, GL if you go that route. If you have a good budget you can find a nice 04-08 TL, but they are popular and people keep them forever so as you said they are a lot of run down ones out there.

Building a house is a cool option, that would have been sweet to do but we didn’t even know where to begin with that and just figured it was too expensive. Sounds like you might have a good opportunity to do so, hope that works out. PM me your email and I’ll send you that.

I hear you on FB. I actually hate it, but I just keep it to keep in touch with family that’s far away, I don’t post my life on there. If they ever start charging for use though, it’s gone. I almost hope they do. :lawl:

Here is progress on the brakelight, it’s pretty bright lol. I’m not mounting it on the deck, I want to put it up high but need to figure out a good way to mount it to the headliner. Wish I could integrate it into the roof spoiler.

temporary-4.jpg

Seats are a nice addition chris! curious to see how that brake light comes out.
"wire right up" reminds me of when people ask if the dashboard is plug n play or easy wiring :lawl:
If im in a position to buy a wrecked cls6 and have a different dd i honestly would consider swapping out all the wiring a module(and i mean everything from the exhaust to tcs and interior harnesses) so i can add mods/ecu additions/etc according to one car not a mixture of the two lol

Love these seats, I like how the RSX seats look Audi RS-esque, but really wanted heat and didn’t even want to try tracking down CAN seats. And these were direct bolt on and perfect condition. It was so hard to find tan perf leather though, black was everywhere lol.

Yeah not sure what performance mods you have in mind, but joint wiring may come into play later. Hopefully you can find a way around it. I’m sure you will if you put together that mess of a dash harness haha.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score

the rear deck and headliner are basically the same material, i know there's some metal channels that the factory middle brake light hooks, acura must be pretty similar, dont see why you couldnt run the wiring up the c pillar and fix it to the headliner. one problem i forsee that you probably already noticed is the angle of the brake light is for the bottom of window, flipping it upside down for the ceiling would reverse the angle and just light up the back seat(my 3rd brake light has broken tabs and comes loose and does it hahah) any pictures of the light assembly?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

brake light looks great. I like it better than what i did

Thanks. Yours is nicely integrated though, and I do like the length.

no homo

the rear deck and headliner are basically the same material, i know there's some metal channels that the factory middle brake light hooks, acura must be pretty similar, dont see why you couldnt run the wiring up the c pillar and fix it to the headliner. one problem i forsee that you probably already noticed is the angle of the brake light is for the bottom of window, flipping it upside down for the ceiling would reverse the angle and just light up the back seat(my 3rd brake light has broken tabs and comes loose and does it hahah) any pictures of the light assembly?

Yeah, I'm probably going to leave the stock 3rd brakelight where it is so there's no holes in the deck, and just unplug it. The TL assembly won't fit in it so I'll probably remove it and cover the deck in black or red perf leather later. The TL housing has the red lens angled just slightly down. I should have grabbed the plastic TL cover while I was there but it was gray. I'd like to find a tan one then mod it as needed to fit.

To mount it I'm either going to use clips or stick a couple 10mm bolts up through those holes w/a nut on the other side. I was reading about headliner removal in these threads...
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45778 and http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207. I only need to be able to get my hands above the back area of the headliner, definitely don't want to crease it though.

Right side up (the orientation I will mount it in)

temporary-5.jpg

temporary-6.jpg

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score

Got driver side seat in. Trying to get my hands on the factory CL wiring harness from a junkyard to power/heat these seats.

Added a couple photos of other things I've added recently too.

temporary_zps7d358f31.jpg

Its much easier to run your own heated seat circuit, than trying to incorporate the CL one into the Accord. You Have the heated Canadian bezel, the Heated seats you just need the power. Before my Dash swap I ran it like this....

picture.php

From the drivers fuse box, there is empty slots that are only on when the car is on. This is great just incase you leave the button on you wont drain your battery. The red dot next to the driver is the relay.
The wire coming from the fuse box goes here. To the appropriate terminal.
Also another wire Directly from the battery to the relay with an inline fuse.

From there i Ran it to the switches. (Power wire from battery to relay to switch)
From the shifter console you can light the switches and ground them.

From the switches I passed the wire thru the center console down to the seats and wired it to the correct wires.

Its Simple dont look at it like a mission.

There is more steps not mentioned, but just so you get an idea.

By the way that Cream and red looks good.

THEM PHOTO EDITING SKILLS ARE GREAT HUH? LOL

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I'm starting to envy your seats upgrade, as the weather starts to get colder nowadays... GL w/ the wiring!

So, do you need a resister for the 3rd brake light being LEDs? (Not seeing "brake light" on your gage cluster w/ this mod?)

Well, hello there A-spec. Looking fwd to see you in winter mode. (Really miss your GM A-Spec on the SMR.)
 ↓
 ↓

temporary-5.jpg

Back