Best brand ecu tune

datechboss101

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing an ECU tune recently and also a cold air-intake mod. However, I am very unsure which brands are reliable and great for our gen accords.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
For cold air intakes there is AEM, Injen, etc. Check out the intake review thread in the product review forum.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u can get hondata, but u'll have to convert to obd1

The one i've seen a few ppl use is the aem ems

datechboss101

Reaction score
u can get hondata, but u'll have to convert to obd1

The one i've seen a few ppl use is the aem ems

I don't want to do a OBD1 conversion, as I don't have the money and need to save it up for the regular repairs and maintenance, as I will be drowning in student debt in a few years for going to medical school.

For cold air intakes there is AEM, Injen, etc. Check out the intake review thread in the product review forum.

I will check them out.

dawg316

Reaction score
I don't want to do a OBD1 conversion, as I don't have the money and need to save it up for the regular repairs and maintenance, as I will be drowning in student debt in a few years for going to medical school.

I will check them out.

if you dont have money dont even do a tune. you wont gain anything with a stock engine + an intake.

datechboss101

Reaction score
if you dont have money dont even do a tune. you wont gain anything with a stock engine + an intake.

I might have a bit of money for a tune + air intake + exhaust.... I am not looking for riced up civic HP numbers or SRT Hellcat's 707 HP... Just only +10WHP to +15WHP increase over stock engine WHP numbers. If I was all in for HP, I would have gotten an Accord that has some variant of the J series engine and go all out with super-chargers, KTune for ECU, etc., (you get the point).

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
If you have the V6 your only piggyback option I know of is AEM FIC-6. You would need to have someone make and possibly wire up the harness for it though -- $$$.

Throw on a set of headers (have someone reweld the primaries, they always crack there after a few years), lightweight crank pulley, Short Ram intake (works best for the J30A1) and be done with it. That will get you the 10-15 WHP without a tune.

datechboss101

Reaction score
If you have the V6 your only piggyback option I know of is AEM FIC-6. You would need to have someone make and possibly wire up the harness for it though -- $$$.

Throw on a set of headers (have someone reweld the primaries, they always crack there after a few years), lightweight crank pulley, Short Ram intake (works best for the J30A1) and be done with it. That will get you the 10-15 WHP without a tune.

I have the F23A1 4-Banger edition motor.... that's where I am going in circles, trying to find an ECU tune for it. I am not planning to bust my engine, as it will be busting itself out by the amount of miles that I am planning to add on it.

datechboss101

Reaction score
You don't need an ECU tune for those minor mods.

So, whats the best idea/way I should get some mediocre amount of HP gain? I'm talking about anywhere from a +2HP to +15HP gains. For some reason, I am also thinking about doing a magnaflow cat-back exhaust system, but not sure how much HP increase I will get out of that mod.

Back