jerrychoochoo's 01 Taffeta White Accord Sedan LX "Build"

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

I really dislike how the stock shift boot looks with the reflective plastic ring so I decided to buy a DC2 shift boot. I really hope it fits!

Enne

Reaction score
Alright one more pic of the lights. The courtesy lights were the easiest to do. And I had to pop open the trunk and go from the back to change the bulb out. Whoo! Such a simple mod and so cheap, but definitely worth it.
Whoops, sorry I didn't see your post about how to get the license plate light out. I actually broke mine and had to order a new one; didn't see that you have to slide the whole cover to the right (or left, I don't remember) and it comes right out lol.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Car is looking good, have you tried the integra boot yet? Ive been wanting to change my shift knob but like you are not fan of the chrome collar. I want to stick with a oem boot rather than aftermarket so if it fits that would be awesome.

Last edited:

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Sheesh you're the god of stock parts haha. Love what you're doing with the car :waytogo:
Haha thanks! I'm looking into getting a 99-00 SI OEM radio. I think the amber lights will match well with the cluster and climate control. I was thinking of going aftermarket, but I really like the way OEM Honda radios look.

Whoops, sorry I didn't see your post about how to get the license plate light out. I actually broke mine and had to order a new one; didn't see that you have to slide the whole cover to the right (or left, I don't remember) and it comes right out lol.
It's alright, I figured it out. Very different from my Integra and Corolla, thats why I was so confused at first.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score

Car is looking good, have you tried the integra boot yet? Ive been wanting to change my shift knob but like you are not fan of the chrome collar. I want to stick with a oem boot rather than aftermarket so if it fits that would be awesome.
You are in luck! I just finished a few minutes ago and the boot looks great. Super simple process, sorry I didn't take step by step pics, but if you need help I can lend a hand. The only issue I have is that the boot might be a little too short, like it doesn't have enough slack when I shift through gears (especially 5th and reverse). If you can find a longer boot you're golden.

Last edited:

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Wow that turned out great, i really like that shift knob too. Im going to order the boot at work monday. Im about to post some updates for my accord when my lights come in this coming week. I just installed my se rims i got our cars look the same except i have the crappy tan interior lol. Thanks for the fast reply.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Wow that turned out great, i really like that shift knob too. Im going to order the boot at work monday. Im about to post some updates for my accord when my lights come in this coming week. I just installed my se rims i got our cars look the same except i have the crappy tan interior lol. Thanks for the fast reply.
Thank you! Nice, would definitely love to see your car. The grey interior is nice but sometimes I wish Honda made black interior for the sedans.

Updates are going to slow down a bit guys. I really want to save up for a superb detailing job so I have to save all my paychecks, and we all know it’s easier said than done.

Enne

Reaction score
I would've liked at least a heathered gray interior (gray with black) instead of the light, blue-ish quartz gray that mine has.

Back