Gabcauseican 1998 Accord Sedan EX 5 Speed

gabcauseican

Reaction score
Lurking along for years......registered a while back....boy was this forum was poppin a few years ago.....surprised myself.......I remembered the password......never posted until NOW
This my second 6thgen......First was a 99 LX Sedan Auto.....Talk about that later........
AhMRmX3.jpg

cfmRB9X.jpg

Hw7kR2k.jpg

lbW94m0.jpg

hnywSGB.jpg

aExFWgi.jpg

Wanted a project car...... so my ideas for the car are still up in the air.....$2100 was asked.......
1998 Honda Accord EX
215xxx
Pass Axle needs replacing
Brake master cylinder needs replacing
Throwout bearing needs replacing
$600 later...........the test mule
v0ZL72L.jpg

7YV8ka9.jpg

OsRkYlm.jpg

Jeremy86

Reaction score
Nice ride man :) looks like the big 3 was upgraded, halo headlights, cold air, header, and front tower bar... i digg it, what kind of sound setup inside my dude ?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Nice ride. I love that color (DEP), as I've got a 99 Accord Sedan LX 5 speed car myself. :)

gabcauseican

Reaction score
Nice ride man :) looks like the big 3 was upgraded, halo headlights, cold air, header, and front tower bar... i digg it, what kind of sound setup inside my dude ?

Thats my first 6thgen accord.......I was like 21 or 22.....did it all to that car..... 4-2-1 headers......No cat 2.5 piping to 2.5 ractive muffler...... pioneer avh-4200....3 TVS....1 7inch sunvisor........2 9 inch headrest......4 Pioneer 6.5 components front and rear and an extra set of pioneer tweeters for the B pillars.......had some crunch 4 ch amp dont remember.....and MTX Terminators setup ditch the amp and went with a Kenwood mono 1000w....... was a great car until trans started to slip.......gave it to my wife.........bought a 2006 TSX 6 Speed.....went turbo.........little teaser
ba7eXJm.jpg

iBllWY3.jpg

so yeah I got plans for the accord

gabcauseican

Reaction score
The accord came with no radio.....only 1 working speaker.....made a few phone calls.....cashed in a few favors......piece together some type of sound....
XHPr2Zq.jpg

wZVLtRT.jpg

sdiGfYm.jpg

ioZ6A0S.jpg

uLSbEJz.jpg

bGiDxp0.jpg

Rut0Tl0.jpg

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Thanks man......had 3 accords 2 6thgen 1 5th both DEP....not by choice.....

I've got 3 Accords here right now. A gold 2000 Accord sedan AT that my wife drives, my 99 DEP Accord sedan 5 speed, and my old 97 Eucalyptus green 5 speed Accord sedan. Each has it's own personality too. ;)

gabcauseican

Reaction score
Not much done to the ACCORD.........maybe its been a while but I could not get the single 12 TYPE R to play right........few more phone calls....2 TYPE Rs later..... few wiring diagrams later and done can clean it up but it works......you wouldnt understand the struggle....(Im over 6FT crawling in the trunk)
x8XTz3o.jpg

OXnDgXw.jpg

KXSsekb.jpg

WtukB74.jpg

had a few door projectors left from the TSX.....threw them in the ACCORD
Z8oGoTK.jpg

3mLgEQ2.jpg

Been playing with an headlight IDEA......teaser for now
s4PHVHb.jpg

gabcauseican

Reaction score
I've got 3 Accords here right now. A gold 2000 Accord sedan AT that my wife drives, my 99 DEP Accord sedan 5 speed, and my old 97 Eucalyptus green 5 speed Accord sedan. Each has it's own personality too. ;)

All my cars are/was.......1996 Civic EX 5speed swapped H22.....1994 Accord EX DEP auto .......1999 Accord DEP LX Auto..... 2006 Acura TSX Turbo....... 2007 MDX.......my favorite the cheapest car I ever bought......1998 Accord EX 5 Speed....thinking H23A but at 215xxx shes perfect.......engine wise........cant see me replacing a good engine for a good engine......

capsidx

Reaction score
nice simple setup that hasnt been riced out! Personally I love the DEP (what I have) and it fits with my cars name lol. H23a is a great swap if you are seriously considering it. I had a non vtec H23a1 that exploded 2 months ago and have since upgraded to an F20b. Pretty much anything you choose to swap in will be a lot more fun than the F23 . I still think the F23 is the most reliable engine honda has ever made. I would still have mine but after I converted the car to manual I went crazy and missed 4th and went back to second. The car still ran strong for about 6 months after that and I beat on it. Eventually it spun a bearing and was probably salvageable but I needed an excuse to do a swap lol. Anyways congrats on the pickup and good luck with the build.

Back