Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Ccrew95

Reaction score
Re: \(^o^)/___May 7th 2013 Update___Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

that plasti-dip job and triangles looks amazing against that silver:love:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Holy update batman!

Very jealous still of your hip pads. I have looked freaking everywhere. I don't speak or can read Chinese or Japanese trust me. I love the CG 2 emblems as well.

The car is looking great man. :rock:
:D

Wait, I thought there was one / two available on Ebay, right? Junction Produce was the one, but their kindda pricy huh... Well, if you have some troubles understanding Japanese website, feel free to ask me so I can help you out. ;) As for the emblems, I'm still debating myself where to exactly put on the rear.

Thanks, man. :) One of these days, I'll try to learn how to take a pic like yours w/ some cool effects.

Dont be fooled by thinking mayonnaise is the safest thing out there. If you leave it on too long on warm paint it WILL eff things up. :coffee:
You think so? Hmm... Maybe you are talking about that there is vinegar and acid in mayonnaise that can deteriorate the paint. One thing I can say is that it's a lot safer than Goo-Gone for sure. ← I used that once to clean some remained adhesives of my pinstripes on one side of my car, and it definitely messed up my clearcoat. Luckily, I didn't use it on both sides, and all of the stripe marks were gone, but the Goo-Goned area was very obvious, so I had to fix that with new clearcoat afterwards.

On the other hand, I spent about the same time for removing my badges, but my paint is fine though. :) Maybe it was because I moved to a shaded area, and the trunk was cooled down. Now, if I left the mayo on my paint for long enough to the point where it solidifies, then it could have been bad as if I was leaving a bird dropping on my paint for a long time. I appreciate your inputs though. ;)

that plasti-dip job and triangles looks amazing against that silver:love:
Thanks. :) I think it looks sharp on any of our light-colored 6gens. ;)

Last edited:

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score

Yeah that's the only one I have found was the junction produce ones but I am not a fan of the flashy stitching though. Plus for 40 bucks and up is just absurd for such a small hip pad. It's a matter of finding a Japanese site that can be change over to English language to find what I need. I would live to find those CG 2 emblems and the hip pads soon. I will be in contact with you if I do find something.

How much did you pay on the emblems and hip pads?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yeah that's the only one I have found was the junction produce ones but I am not a fan of the flashy stitching though. Plus for 40 bucks and up is just absurd for such a small hip pad. It's a matter of finding a Japanese site that can be change over to English language to find what I need. I would live to find those CG 2 emblems and the hip pads soon. I will be in contact with you if I do find something.

How much did you pay on the emblems and hip pads?
I see. Yeah, $40 is a bit pricy, indeed. Regarding those Japanese online shopping websites out there, there is one website called "Rakuten". It's one of the major online shopping websites in Japan, and I happened to found out that they have the global website now.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/
I did a quick search for a set of hip pads, but I wasn't able to find similar ones that you are looking for tho.. But there were a few alphabetic emblems out there, so have fun searching to see if you can find the one you like. ;)

To answer your question, the emblems I bought in Japan were about $5 USD each, and the hip pads were about $13 USD each.

I would love to find those CG 2 emblems and the hip pads soon.
I'm sure you're aware of this, but just in case... Be sure to look for "CG6" when you get them. ;)

Last edited:

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score

That's a great price on all that. I appreciate the site. I'll check it out.

Would it not be CG5 for my 99 sedan ex i4 Ulev?

Thanks for the heads up man.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

This car looks so good. I like all the little subtle touches you've done with your coupe, they really add up and set it apart.

You pay such painstaking attention to detail, I don't think even I'm that anal haha.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score

Right on! I had no clue. Great to know.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

This car looks so good. I like all the little subtle touches you've done with your coupe, they really add up and set it apart.

You pay such painstaking attention to detail, I don't think even I'm that anal haha.
Thank you, Chris-san. There is always some little things I find that I wanna do, before I invest / spend time on those major & popular mods. :thinking: ← "Hey, me. Get retros, lipkits, and exhausts already!" Lol.

Idk why but I'm super anal about noises in my car. I just can't help it... I even thought to myself if I was insane, when I spent nearly 10 hrs of sound deadening my CC unit assembly w/ 3M squeak reduction tape, just to get rid of those stupid squeaking noise from the unit & bezel. :crazyrun: ← (Didn't sleep before work lol.)

Here you can see those bluish clear tapes on my instrumental panel bezel. Actually there are shit load of those tapes in tiny pieces applied in side the CC unit assembly, where those two pieces make contact each other more than you can imagine lol.
5bbad649aca87128d6b345def4f22597.jpg

DSC_0015_zps107e17b1.jpg

Right on! I had no clue. Great to know.
Glad it helped. Just didn't want you to get a wrong number. ;)

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score

Richard, does your trunk floor sag/bend down without your spare tire ? I'd like to remove mine too but my floor doesn't stay flat as there's nothing under there to hold it up..

Back