Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Brand & Product Name: RED LINE SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner
Price paid and from where: $12.99 from O'Reilly Auto Parts
Pros:
・Cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a concentrated blend of the most powerful high-temp and low-temp detergents available
・Cleans to nearly 100% efficiency in one treatment
・Reduces need for octane by up to two points
・Contains synthetic upper cylinder lubricant
・Cleans pollution control valves
・Uses one bottle per tank for most effective treatment of neglected vehicle
・Uses in smaller doses for maintenance as one bottle treats up to 100 gallons
・Safe for continual use
Cons: Price being relatively on the higher side among other FSCs
Final verdict: Using this every 3~4K mi., since '07 often and on, but no issues until this date.

fd3d7624d1a1490f40a2b84f8dbddf87.jpg

It's about time. :Jedi:

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

My drive belts / serpentine belts have been gradually noisy for the past few months at a cold start. It's becoming pretty obvious, so I need to look for the genuine oem parts. :coffee: No Gates belts (for me). :shakehead:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

My drive belts / serpentine belts have been gradually noisy for the past few months at a cold start. It's becoming pretty obvious, so I need to look for the genuine oem parts. :coffee: No Gates belts (for me). :shakehead:

Bought the power steering pump belt & the AC compressor belt for my V6. :coffee:
IMAG6047_zpsugka8ncw.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

My oil filter housing is seeping, so I bought the spool valve filter. I also bought the brake fluid reservoir cap b/c it was leaking. :ioof6:
IMAG6028_zpsehfs9sbp.jpg

IMAG6027_zpso9fhuutr.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

My car hasn't been washed for several months. I usually clean the grease film on the windshield at least, but not even to that lately... :coffee:

But this thing is super nice 'n easy to keep it clean!

Rain-X all season windshield washer fluid. Works 'n cleans it off 10x better than the OEM fluid, and it definitely revived my 3-yr-old wiper blades back to its life again. The view on the road is sooo fresh!
833e953190e79800226231b22c9ebbdf.jpg

EDIT: This fluid doesn't become white, when it gets dried out, compared to the oem fluid which it looks pretty obvious 'n nasty.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Car still needs some replacement parts, but she is still running..

Have been strained by daily grinds + my ongoing laziness but I finally washed her, after 5 months of negligence since the last summer! Was b/c the cherry blossom season (spring) has arrived in the PNW, and I wanted to re-take a pic I took 2 years ago.

DSC_0007__zpsxjeyicnp.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsa19glgea.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsjuntttzx.jpg

DSC_0049___zpsmgpwuws5.jpg

GAME:
Spot the five visible changes on the vehicle:

IMG_0231__zps34d9db86.jpg

DSC_0007__zpsxjeyicnp.jpg

Answers:
1) .sgnisuoh thgildaeh tuo dekcalB
2) .srosiv wodniW
3) .rab ellirg reppu tuo dekcalB
4) .stun gul leehw kcalB
5) .thgieh edir tnorf derewol "4/1

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score

I tried finding it in this thread, but where did you get the black trim stuff that is around the lip kit?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Great pics Rich. I was going to read the 5 visible changes but I'm not dyslexic... :lawl:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I tried finding it in this thread, but where did you get the black trim stuff that is around the lip kit?
Here you go, Cody.
* TOYOTA CAMRY Under Spoiler Protection Strips → Post #314

I decided to get two rear ones for my front & rear because their front one was either a little shorter, or it was in two pieces iirc. Wanted to get the longer one to be safe, and the rear ones were definitely long enough to cover my lip kits with some leftovers in the end.

Now I want to try rain x washer fluid
Yeah man, go for it! I used it all up in just a few weeks because it was so addicting lol. (Say, it was b/c of this terribly rainy weather in the pnw haha.)

Great pics Rich. I was going to read the 5 visible changes but I'm not dyslexic... :lawl:
Thanks Chris. Well, I'm pretty sure you're not lol. Took me a while for me to type all of that, so I hope I'm not either haha.

(Was trying to mimic those "spot the difference" cartoon pics in newspapers / magazines haha. Their answers are usually printed upside down for checking them later, so that was the reason lol. Edited the headers to make them more clear.)

Last edited:
Back