worthiness of a 5 lug swap..

98acclude

Reaction score
this may be a stupid question but is there any other reason for going 5 lug other than to say you did a 5 lug swap and wheel selection?

this is kinda why I havent done this yet... I mean I want re disc brakes but I could potentially run the rear disc set up off of an ex right?.. but besides wheel selection and braggin rights is there better braking upgrades and options for the swap? maybe Im just ill informed on the whole situation and need to be informed more... I know what's required to do it and I know how to do the conversion just I havent found a reason to do so.. yet. honestly though I'd like to stay 4 lug if there's a way to just upgrade the 4 lug set up... it reminds me of the difference of the sirt and the euro r! :p cf4 ftw!

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Agreed. You mainly just need all of the parts from an EX for the rear to have rear disc brakes.

I believe the main reason for swapping to 5 lug is more rim choices.

98acclude

Reaction score
it's been 5 years since I've been here and you guys still show the love! that's why even after all these years I still lurk and come here with questions! I appreciate it!

alright my last question on this... is there a way to upgrade 4 lug brakes? like calipers and disc? I would really like to upgrade to a bigger brakes if possible at some point but if I have to go 5 lug then I will do so! I just wanted to be different really is my only reasoning.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
it's been 5 years since I've been here and you guys still show the love! that's why even after all these years I still lurk and come here with questions! I appreciate it!

alright my last question on this... is there a way to upgrade 4 lug brakes? like calipers and disc? I would really like to upgrade to a bigger brakes if possible at some point but if I have to go 5 lug then I will do so! I just wanted to be different really is my only reasoning.
I think there's a list of doing a mini big brake kit, that keeps the 4 lug set up. I think it uses Prelude parts, but don't quote on that. It was in the top in a sticky called "brake upgrades". I only remember it, because I was asking about going disc in the rear of my 4 lug LX.

Last edited:

98acclude

Reaction score
I think there's a list of doing a mini big brake kit, that keeps the 4 lug set up. I think it uses Prelude parts, but don't quote on that. It was in the top in a sticky called "brake upgrades". I only remember it, because I was asking about going disc in the rear of my 4 lug LX.[/rr

rusty, you're a boss! thank you! Im gonna get to researchin then! Im sure I can dig something up on this forum somewhere, it's just finding it first! :D if you are still curious and I find something I'll let you know! :D

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I think there's a list of doing a mini big brake kit, that keeps the 4 lug set up. I think it uses Prelude parts, but don't quote on that. It was in the top in a sticky called "brake upgrades". I only remember it, because I was asking about going disc in the rear of my 4 lug LX.[/rr

rusty, you're a boss! thank you! Im gonna get to researchin then! Im sure I can dig something up on this forum somewhere, it's just finding it first! :D if you are still curious and I find something I'll let you know! :D

Hey, no problem. Just trying to help. I realize that most of the old guard have moved on, so we have to help one another. My first week or 2 I joined here I spent some time looking thru the stickies, and various forums. Mostly to get a feel for the place, but also to help me learn about different stuff.

98acclude

Reaction score
hell yeah guys! thank you so much! :D I have a list to make! I got brakes and motor stuff to come up on now! haha :p forever a money pit!

Back