Clutch problem

Powerofdreams

Reaction score
I'm doing a j swap into a 2000 civic hx and am having a weird problem! The v6 is out of an02 accord coupe and the 6 speed manual is out of an 04 accord coupe also a v6. The problem I'm having is that when I bolt the transmission to the block my throw out bearing is depressing the fingers on the pressure plate thus making the clutch inoperable! Anyone have a solution?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I'm doing a j swap into a 2000 civic hx and am having a weird problem! The v6 is out of an02 accord coupe and the 6 speed manual is out of an 04 accord coupe also a v6. The problem I'm having is that when I bolt the transmission to the block my throw out bearing is depressing the fingers on the pressure plate thus making the clutch inoperable! Anyone have a solution?

Unbolt the clutch slave, then install the trans. The unloaded slave is forcing the clutch fingers to depress, making it hard to bolt up.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score

OK, I just found out that the V6 (only) gets a clutch preload adjuster in it. This adjuster is set with a special tool (costs about 1000 dollars). Don't know if any of the guys doing 6 speed swaps has run into this, or heard about this or not. Seemed kind of strange it's only for a V6 though.
You might want to check into it.

Back